Thread: IE 9 is too old!

Thanks

IE 9 is too old!

One of our on-line document management sites has sent us a mail like this:
    It has come to our attention that certain users are still using older browsers while trying to use ******, and are therefore experiencing problems out of our control. ****** has been programmed to only work on the latest browsers, and therefore Internet Explorer 7, 8 and 9 are included in the list of out-dated browsers.
    So no XP, and only IE10 (or later). Though fortunately they do state this later in that same email:
    We recommend downloading Google Chrome as many of the features that make your ******* experience easier, are already built into Google Chrome.
    No mention of FF or Opera though, never mind Safari.

Sorry to ask, but my web programming is a bit dusty. Is IE still in the same old boat - severe incompatibilities between versions?
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I have been using FF portable and almost never had any problems... I use it on both XP and win7 win8 so it works for me. That said I would send them a mail asking how much they get for promoting GChrome
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

3. Thanks given for this post:

irneb (25-Jan-14)

Thanks
    Yep, I use FF extensively, especially since I work on Win and Linux - which means all my settings can easily be synced between the 2, thus making it work and look the same on both systems. I think GC has something similar, but good luck trying something like that with IE!
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    That said I would send them a mail asking how much they get for promoting GChrome
    Yep, especially since this company charges a huge fee per project ... I'd like to ask them: "Now if I use GChrome ... do I get a discount? Or even a cut from your backhander?"
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.