In my endeavors with Facebook so far, I've met some great people, found some old friends, started doing business with some and am currently in talks with others...

Social marketing today is as important as any other marketing avenue... According to Alexa, Facebook is the 2nd most visited site in South Africa at the moment, and is a good way to explore people in either your neighborhood or meet up with new people for business or pleasure, the choices are endless...

Social Media Slideshow

One of the people I've met on Facebook is Tyler Reed, a bright young mind that just started up his own company, younique, to help people and businesses out there understand and get involved in social marketing...

Younique is an interactive marketing company. We are youngsters just like yourself and are tired of the old way that companies try to market and communicate with us.

I truly believe that social media can be an excellent asset to any company or person looking for more exposure... Facebook is only the latest fad in social media, but when it's time is up, a new social startup will take over and the driving forces be moved to the new company... Have you started making plans to introduce social marketing into your business plan or marketing strategy?

Regular guests to my shop will notice that just today a social application got added onto the shop. When you view any product, and want to bookmark it, the link takes you to a page from where you can social bookmark that product on over 40 different social sites, including digg and technorati to name a few...

I'm still new to the social media thing, word of mouth has done me good so far in my life but the social thing being online 24/7 and being available for wanting eyes to peruse at 3am when all your "word-of-mouth" friends are passed out on the couch, seems to be the next big thing in terms of marketing...

So, will you be getting social?