Thread: Forgetting public holidays?

Thanks

Forgetting public holidays?

Is it just me who forgets public holidays? I got up at 5, showered shaved and hit the office. With a certain amount of urgency I serviced and repaired 3 machines. At 8 I phoned my clients to see if I can drop the machines off. Nobody answered, I tried a few more times...still no answer frustrated I went back inside the house, where my wife was sleeping in a bit since she is on holiday already. I brought her a cup of coffee and complained about my clients not answering. “It’s a public holiday peopol!” she answered laughingly. Dammit I always forget I could have slept in or even gone fishing or something. Oh well, at least the machines are done.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    One thing about having staff - it comes with a built-in public holiday reminder service.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Lol ........ I have sometimes forgotten, but never to that extent
    I think when you run your own business, work is your priority. If you worked for a boss you would NEVER forget public holidays

Thanks
    When I was 21 I had a big party the one night, I was still in my jolling days and unmarried (No party police yet). That night I only slept for about 2 hours before my alarm went off. I jumped up and hit the shower got dressed and drove to work. I was still a bit pissed and did not really feel the hangover just yet, in fact I was feeling rather jolly. So I arrive at work and greeted all the ladies on the way to our workshop at the back. I got there and all the lights were off, weird I put the lights on plugged in the computers etc. Then I walked over to the coffee station and made myself a strong cup of coffee. Sitting in the workshop enjoying my fresh bru I wondered where my fellow technicians were, by now it’s already 8:15. I then walked down to our floor managers office and had a seat, hey so where is so and so...”I don’t know” he said “Its a lekker day so they probably down at the dam”....now I was really confused... I asked him “but why, do they have the day off or something?” Its then that he slowly lowered his newspaper and said “dude its saterday” Shit!...all of a sudden my hangover kicked in and I realised my massive mistake I stood up and asked him if he is sure, he just laughed and shook his head. I laughed he laughed and he told me to go home before he decides to put me to work. After shutting down the workshop I sheepishly made my way out the building. He had already told the girls at the front and they all giggled as I walked out. When monday morning came around everybody had their little remarks, I was rather embarrassed. It is and was the only time I had ever forgotten that I don’t have work that day, as an employee. As my own boss I regularly forget public holidays and weekends are pretty much the same as weekdays, less calls, but business as usual.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Suspended
    Thanks
    Lol ...pmb that must have been a real Oooops Oh Sh!t Moment ................

Thanks
    It certainly was HR. The real funny part was when I got home I found my friend and his girlfriend watching rugby, I had clean forgot that they were there. He said that he heard me left and thought I was going on an early morning beacon&beer run. Oh the good old days I miss them some times. All I am left with now is an uptight party police captain, who doubles her role as the wank police

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    It like going home on pass when you just finshed basics in the army, you jump out of bed at 4.30 and start polishing the carpet.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Lol .................