Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple - Some advice please

Suspended
    Thanks

Apple - Some advice please

My Laptop is starting to get old. Quite a large one and heavy to lug around. Also starting to give one or two hassles. I have always believed in trying to "keep up" with technology otherwise you do fall behind and things are not compatible anymore, new printers don't work because of "issues"

So my question is - Do I look at the Mac laptop - I think its the air or the pro or do I go for another HP normal computer ?
    My problem is - I do NOT like the new Windows 8 !

I quite like the Mac's - they are lightweight and quite thin and I have an Apple phone and ipad.

Would it make sense to keep apple or is the Mac not really suited for business.

Any opinions/advice would be appreciated - thank you

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I know absolutely nothing about Apple but I love my Acer laptop and my Galaxy Tab. The Acer runs on Windows 7 Pro and although the networking sucks bigtime and Windows broke some common tools for no reason I am still satisfied with the machine. Windows 7 is like having a car that doesn't always want to shift into third...it annoy you but you live with it. If I had to choose between Windows 8 and Apple...I would probably go for Apple...Windows 8 is simply totally crap...its like a car without a dashboard and they put the gearbox in back to front...it just sucks....no matter what you do!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I got an iphone 5, then realized what a big mistake i made, you ask why, because i didnt have any other apple devices. I then got an ipad. My opinion, if you have apple devices upgrading to newer models, not a bad idea, but unless you want to go the whole hog and move over to apple, rather dont buy 1 device. They are incompatible with other devices.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    By the way as you there is an app for everything, i dont see why you cant run your business from a mac
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    When my current Windows laptop comes to the end of its lifetime, I think that I may migrate to Mac. They are beautifully engineered machines that "just work". My only problem will be that Pastel only runs on Windows. But then I can simply use Parallels on the Mac and install a virtual copy of Windows on that, with Pastel installed there.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Suspended
    Thanks
    Thanks for the input guys. Neville - I seem to recall you bought a Galaxy phone a while back, so for you to say Mac laptop seems to indicate something. You then will have to ditch the Galaxy and get the Iphone

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    Neville - I seem to recall you bought a Galaxy phone a while back, so for you to say Mac laptop seems to indicate something. You then will have to ditch the Galaxy and get the Iphone
    Mac laptop is one thing - iPhone and iPad (which I have) is another thing. I love my Galaxy because of the Android OS, as I am a GMail guy through and through.

Hmmm, perhaps I should consider the Chrome Book rather?
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Look... I am not a tec guy, but I spoke to my brother in law who works for IBM and he is a heavy tec guy. He said that going Apple is foolish. He reckons that apple is f*****. He said that he sold his apple stock a long time ago. According to him apple is a Raphus cucullatus.

Given what his thoughts on the matter are, what are yours? Is Apple on the brink of something amazing, or just plain on the brink?
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Apple is on the verge of going down the iToilet. They brought the 5C and 5S out and nobody batted an eyelid. What heavy new innovation could they possibly come out with, curved screens are on the cards for Samsung, Google has the glass thing, nobody cares for Android wrist watches so what left....an iYoYo perhaps...for the arty in crowd?

Suspended
    Thanks
    I'm looking at things at present. Windows which is seriously kak vs Mac, which I enjoy on the iPad and phone ......

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast