Hi there,
I would like to know what other people think about this. I have an employment contract which specify that we are entitled to get a bonus in July every year, based on the prior 7 months work - they have a formula in which they calculate our billable time vs the income, less some expenses + overtime for the period etc. Then we also get a bonus based on the same principles in December, which obvouisly is a lot less as it only covers 4 months.

Last week I received an addendum to sign from the boss. This is an extract of the clause re the bonuses:

Bonus payments are to reward staff for work done, as well as to secure the ongoing services of the
staff member. Should a staff member receive a bonus, it is on the condition that the staff member
will remain in the employ of THE COMPANY for the next 6 months. Should the staff member resign, the bonus
will be repayable pro-rata over the remaining 6 month period.

Do you think this is fair? Surely the bonus is paid out based on the formula for WORK ALREADY DONE...?
I mentioned to my boss that I don't think it's fair as we already did the work and that's why we are getting the bonus, then she said that if I refuse to sign the addendum, I might not get a bonus next year. Can this happen?

Thanks.