Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cultural vs national identity

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dix View Post
    So if I was born in Europe I can be an English man who happens to be black? Please man, Africa refer to the continent and Africans refers to Black people as much as Europe refers to the Continent and Ueropeans to english people.

We could well say African people need to awake and fix their legislation so that your mother doesn't come here for birth so that you can claim belonging.

Altogether it would be rude for black people to claim land and cultural rights in Europe because the mother gave birth right there
    So you are saying that you should go back to wherever your forefathers came from because Africa is only for black people. Interesting...

Another point, how many African Americans do you see flocking home to Africa....Here is another thought, if the while man was such a terrible slave master how come the Africans in Africa didn't go and fetch the slaves from wherever they were taken?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    So if I was born in Europe I can be an English man who happens to be black?
    . if you ever visit the United Kingdom you find that most British Blacks generally define their roots and culture as being West Indian not African but their identity as British blacks.

Please man, Africa refer to the continent and Africans refers to Black people as much as Europe refers to the Continent and Ueropeans to english people.
    European refers to the many diverse groups on the continent of Europe not just English people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_Europe

the Russians (ca. 95 million residing in Europe),[a]
    the Germans (ca. 82 million),[b]
    the French (ca. 65 million)[c][3]
    the Italians (56–61 million)[d]
    the British (55–61 million)[e]
    the Spanish (41–43 million),[f]
    the Ukrainians (38–55 million),
    the Poles (ca. 38 million).

We could well say African people need to awake and fix their legislation so that your mother doesn't come here for birth so that you can claim belonging.
    What is your position on mixed race people then? What is your position on a Nigerian who is African but claims the right to be South African?

Altogether it would be rude for black people to claim land and cultural rights in Europe because the mother gave birth right there
    Why would you think that, the Son of a African Black Kenyan claims cultural rights in American and holds the highest office on planet earth. Where do you stop or start argument for who has right to African, the birth place of all of mankind.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    What about white Australians and Americans...where do they really belong?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    So if I was born in Europe I can be an English man who happens to be black? Please man, Africa refer to the continent and Africans refers to Black people as much as Europe refers to the Continent and Ueropeans to english people.
    So according to you, all Europeans are English?
    So all people that are born in the USA are Europeans not Americans?
    What a load of rubbish, you are obviously trying to create animosity here.
    Europe is made up of many cultures and languages, the fact that many Europeans speak English, does not make them English.

If you are born in any country in Europe, or USA, you are then a national of the country you are born in, and enjoy all the benefits that this brings you, however if you chose to disown your nationality, you can do this too, and return to the land of your parents. That is what being part of democracy brings you.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    I support a national identity as a ‘South African,’ funny enough the word “ Afrikaner,” come from ‘African.’
    The preamble to the Constitution supports this national identity as it reads:

We, the people of South Africa,
    Recognise the injustices of our past;
    Honour those who suffered for justice and freedom in our land;
    Respect those who have worked to build and develop our country; and
    Believe that South Africa belongs to all who live in it, united in our diversity
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    So you are saying that you should go back to wherever your forefathers came from because Africa is only for black people. Interesting...

Another point, how many African Americans do you see flocking home to Africa....Here is another thought, if the while man was such a terrible slave master how come the Africans in Africa didn't go and fetch the slaves from wherever they were taken?
    Man the constitution might entitle you to all the rights but the African people know that the land was their forefathers and for their children forever and for that reason you can't be at peace in their land if you claim belonging.

Concerning the American issue, in America I know there are White Americans and Black Americans all because of the privilege they obtained through the war, the land was first occupied by other people whom the land was taken from.

It is therefore improper to compare America and Africa because Africans (Black) people are still here in their land, and you can compare Europe and Africa.

Concerning the Black slavery, it happed because of disunity among Black people and they are only starting to realise unity and need not to fetch the people from France for instance, because of the stregth they derive from other Blacks through unity.

Just like I said, slavery among the black people happened because of disunity and it was not because white people were terrible slave masters, the fault was on Black people, they were not organised.

Let me say it again Black people were at fault frist because of disunity and all that happened to them, was for them to realise their weeknesses but not because whites were terrible people.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    So would you classify the following Africans as black ? Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco and Tunisia . You cant start history at a place that conveniently gives land to a certain group. The Europeans themselves migrated from Africa meaning their fore fathers were African. Or do we just start history from the point for the Bantu migrations? There are Over 7400 African Tribes in Africa, and they all feel they have claims to certain parts of Africa.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Man the constitution might entitle you to all the rights but the African people know that the land was their forefathers and for their children forever and for that reason you can't be at peace in their land if you claim belonging.

Concerning the American issue, in America I know there are White Americans and Black Americans all because of the privilege they obtained through the war, the land was first occupied by other people whom the land was taken from.

It is therefore improper to compare America and Africa because Africans (Black) people are still here in their land, and you can compare Europe and Africa.

Concerning the Black slavery, it happed because of disunity among Black people and they are only starting to realise unity and need not to fetch the people from France for instance, because of the stregth they derive from other Blacks through unity.

Just like I said, slavery among the black people happened because of disunity and it was not because white people were terrible slave masters, the fault was on Black people, they were not organised.

Let me say it again Black people were at fault frist because of disunity and all that happened to them, was for them to realise their weeknesses but not because whites were terrible people.

Dude, you sure are a funny guy, are you related to Trevor Noah?

Thanks
    I was watching 'National Geographic' on Islands and Zanzibar was a featured Island, they have a long history of trading in slaves and 'Europeans' did not feature for the first five hundred years of slave trading, only for a period of about one hundred years before European countries banned slavery. interesting that it continued in Zanzibar for many years after that.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Email problem
    Thanks
    Land belongs to those whom conquer it and enforce their rule upon it. That is the reality of the world.

Nations can choose to accept all groups that toil within them or not that is also a reality.

Native Americans in US took land from other Native Americans through war in the end the Earth belongs to itself. Iroquois fought the Mohawk and others long before any Europeans came to North America.
    The Navajo expelled the Aztec forefathers from their plains and took that land for themselves. ETC ETC ETC... Same thing in Africa.

Now the spoils belong to the victors and their postmortem Sovereign economic systems. Creating a bifurcation of one segment of a nation versus another because they deserve something more is simply an excuse to rob Peter for the benefit of Paul via the hand of the gov't because it can get votes and power from the Pauls that outnumber Peters. The problem with this is that once you rob every Peter not only did you shift production from those whom have no experience but outsiders don't want to bring money in for risk of being treated the same or worse. Because at least Pauls were nationals of that country but these foreigners won't even be that why risk money at all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123