I was employed in sales/admin for about 10 years, and a minority member of the cc that employed me.
Never had a full leave cycle due to work demands in that period. As a result of a change in direction of the way the company was taking, I resigned, after being threatened by dismissal.
I had put out "feelers" to existing clients and found that they would happily support me in my own business of the same nature.
I know that this is against the "fiduciary responsibilty" that I had with the ex-employer, but I had no effective restraint of trade, and the ex-employer refused to de-register me with CIPC, although I asked them to, in writing. They also refute my claim for "accumulated leave" of about 60 days.
So I started the new business, and am now being sued for the loss of income they suffered as a result of the clients chosing to do business with me.
My lawyer, who I ran this by, before doing it, said "Go for it" - now I'm faced with "Liability" and having to re-pay them for their losses. This is the only thing I know how to do, to earn an income. Never worked in any other industry.
What can I do?