Thread: Weather Warning

Thanks

Weather Warning

I just got this sms:

Warning from SA Weather: uMngeni. 26/11/2013 -15:30 to 20:00. Severe storm/s with abundance of small hail.

Ok guys so be warned there is going to be a big storm. But my real interest in this sms is why did they send it to me. Did any of you get the same or similar sms’s in the past?

I hope I am not subscribed to them or something.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Platinum Member sterne.law@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well according to the proposed weather servvices bill, they could be prosecuted because they are not the weatherman.
    Maybe you can get a reward from the whistle blower system.
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za
    DISCLAIMER The above is merely a comment in discussion form and an open public arena. It does not constitute a legal opinion or professional advice in any manner or form.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    There was one going around that said put a picture of Nkkkkandla on your car , that way it is then illegal for e-tolls to take pictures of your car.

4. Thanks given for this post:

wynn (27-Nov-13)

Thanks
    I don’t mind the hail. I like eating it whilst walking around the garden. I collect it and put it in the freezer to use with my whisky. I view hail as nature’s way to scrub the earth
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vieome View Post
    There was one going around that said put a picture of Nkkkkandla on your car , that way it is then illegal for e-tolls to take pictures of your car.
    BRILLIANT! This must then also count for traffic fines. Omg you made my day sir. hahaha

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    I don’t mind the hail. I like eating it whilst walking around the garden. I collect it and put it in the freezer to use with my whisky. I view hail as nature’s way to scrub the earth
    Yeah, but think a bit on where all of "Nature's Waste" ends up, could it be on your whiskey?
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave S View Post
    Yeah, but think a bit on where all of "Nature's Waste" ends up, could it be on your whiskey?
    The whiskey will kill all that bad stuff. A word of caution though, for the same reason that you don't use yellow snow for your whiskey you should avoid using yellow hail.

Thanks
    When I got this sms I thought that it’s gonna be a huge storm of biblical proportions, I mean why else would they send me an sms warning? So I hatched closed the windows and told the dogs it’s gonna be alright. I even tossed a net over my peach tree. But then no storm came. We had some rain that night but not allot certainly no hail. So what the hell?

Again, have any of you ever received such an sms? If you have is it because you have prescribed or something? Shit I will get mad if I find out I have been paying R5 a day to get weather warnings. Besides, why would anybody want or need this sms, I just look outside and I know what the weather is doing or going to do. If you stayed in Cape Town you only need to receive 2 sms’s a year. Summer sms: It’s going to be lovely and mostly sunny until winter. Winter sms: Expect f***** shit weather, it’s going to be cold and rainy until summer.