Thread: Corruption in bargaining councils are costing the economy jobs

Email problem
    Thanks

Corruption in bargaining councils are costing the economy jobs

This is a plea to all engineering businesses within industry to join and share this open group. To interact and have their say and share their experiences relating to this and any bargaining council.
    I believe we should try to bring to light the unbalanced scales of the MEIBC (Metal Engineering Bargaining Council).
    I believe its time industry starts to stand up and shed light on the unconstitutional practices that most don't know of, what happens behind the public eye and are some of the main reasons that unemployment is skyrocketing.

Please share and or join this group. It's vital that everyone stands together to bring to light the corruption that is forcing unemployment in industry. Port Elizabeth being the motor capital of the country and as such engineering capital, has a dying industry due to bargaining councils and their determination to milk businesses. Most don't realize it but it is these councils that are responsible for the fact that engineering businesses do not want to employ and are either downsizing or closing down. If we can stop them, we can increase the wealth in our city and country's economy.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MEIB...g.SA.Industry/

Email problem
    Thanks

Question My story. I would be interested to know if others have had similar corrupt dealings or experiences?

Yes, the percentage of businesses that fail due to the MEIBC is very high up, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's indeed as lofty as 70%. I've been in the business for 20 years now. 15 of which I managed to fly below the radar. Since the MEIBC 'found' me things have become a nightmare.
    I had guy working for me for a little over two years. I followed all the labour rules, paid him well as I do all my staff. After about 18 months, I noticed the theft of tooling and aluminiums (what we specialize in). Then I caught him stealing as well as falsifying sick notes. I got an affidavit from the respective Dr, went through the disciplinary protocols and had a hearing. In the middle of the hearing he got up and walked out.
    He wasn't seen again for two years. Two years later I got a nasty fax from the MEIBC to attend hearing for an unfair dismissal case against this guy. What he did, first try the CCMA to try to nail me because he needed money; The CCMA through him out of the door due to his baseless case. He then went to the MEIBC who took his case.
    In the hearing, he presented his original letter of employment from a little over four years back. He was given the right to speak his mind and lied through his teeth. I walked into that hearing with all the legal evidence and history to what actually transpired along with the labour attorneys' documentation pertaining to his theft, fraud and dismissal along with the fact that he walked out mid hearing at the time. My evidence also consisted of factual affidavits from all my other employees stating that this guy was no longer employed by me and wasn't seen since his dismissal hearing more than two years back.
    When it came to my turn to prove my innocence, Judge Koorts placed his hand on my file and said that he was not interested in my evidence, and I was subsequently found guilty and financially raped. Excuse the analogy but that's how I see it.