Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SEO and CMS

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IMHO View Post
    We do about 60 variants of all the combinations of Klerksdorp, Guesthouse, B&B, Lodge, Hotel, Accommodation
    I hear you, based on the body of SEO knowledge that says it should be so? I am saying ignore all that and simply add Klerksdorp Guest Houses to the front page of your site. We seek a complicated equation to exploit google, but sometimes google is looking for a simple answer.

Email problem
    Thanks
    What’s up Mark,

Right, I do intend this in the nicest possible way, and it is all banter and in the spirit of learning (No need to pr0n link each other) but you really need to proof read. The contradictions you have made in that post are actually quite disturbing to read. This is normal for your faction of SEO, where the proof tends to come from another source, and no independent thought has been intertwined with your regurgitated results. You are really clued up bud, but you are arguing another man’s cause…

I’m going to start with the Moz thing you brought up in the beginning, and I will give you the satisfaction of letting you know targeted keywords and results:

www.plumber-bros.co.za (Plumber) (A)
    www.electrician-bros.co.za (Electrician) (A)
    www.plumber-bros.co.za/bloemfontein (Plumber Bloemfontein) (A)
    www.plumber-bros.co.za/cape-town (Plumber Cape Town) (A)
    www.plumber-bros.co.za/durban (Plumber Durban) (A)
    www.plumber-bros.co.za/johannesburg (Plumber Johannesburg) (A)
    www.plumber-bros.co.za/pretoria (Plumber Pretoria) (A)
    www.electrician-bros.co.za/bloemfontein (Electrician Bloemfontein) (A)
    www.electrician-bros.co.za/cape-town (Electrician Cape Town) (A)
    www.electrician-bros.co.za/durban (Electrician Durban) (A)
    www.electrician-bros.co.za/johannesburg (Electrician Johannesburg) (A)
    www.electrician-bros.co.za/pretoria (<Electrician Pretoria) (A)

(12 A graded pages for highly Googled phrases, excluding every page in the BC etc.)

While I fully understand that this doesn’t quantify me as an SEO expert as I can cite the most popular SEO forum on the web, I would like you to bear in mind your statement regarding ‘I have seen F-graded pages rank better than A-graded pages’. Also, could you please give me an example of this, and for a search term that actually generates traffic too please? The only instance where this is remotely possible in my mind is for two reasons:

- Bad links and trolls / comments on the ‘A page’, but the ‘F Page’ wouldn’t top the entire search, so long as they all had the same authority / AR.
    -A super high level domain posts a wank article but references a search term, and is allowed to propagate over a long duration of time.

If you are correct with this assumption, then it makes the idea of ripping my metatags and H1 nonsensical? I’m going to go hop from one thing to another if that’s fine, just to try wrap my answers up as quick as possible. Let’s go to my sites now, which you rightfully ripped a new one into. I didn’t build the Web Vitality one, it sort of got thrust on me. They are doing me a favour over there, and I haven’t even paid much attention to it. As far as I am actually concerned anyway, it doesn’t matter what your site is like as an SEO company, so long as you sort your clients out. Let people focus on their shit, I would rather focus on clients. I have done that and then some more. I made it pretty clear from the beginning that I don’t build websites, and these 2 were my first instances (Well second, I didn’t rel=canonical the first batch). Sure they need some heavy cleaning up in regards to the H1 tags etc, but I thought even an F page can outrank an A page? My speciality however lies in the process of link building and revenue returns from the actual sites. Creating ideas based around the internet. This is where the imagination of SEO lies and where I find my passion. Places where there are no ultimately defined formulas and everything is a game. I have looked at some of your clients’ websites you have done SEO for (tricky to find), and they don’t have anywhere near a link profile that is able to keep them out of reach if a major competitor starts knocking. Your backlinks are also very predictable, and I can only imagine you thinking of the task as a chore rather than fun? In fact you say absolutely nothing in regards to my comments on links and link building? I am sorry if that is true, it is actually the best part of SEO. Ironically also the most important part as you pointed out with your link to the Moz guide (Which is a best guess, not actually anything tangible. We don’t know 100% for sure for anyone who read that).

You also mention the other keywords I went for, and state quite a few things without what appears to be any premeditated thought? If I have a national plumbing / electrician company, surely Google will pick that up as a brand when the time comes for us to get the updates and the new algorithms take place here? I know there are key words in it, but what company doesn’t? Google has no way of quantifying how many of the traffic sources are actually paying customers. I have my sites generating different types of traffic for different things. Just a quick one I’ll throw out there, but I have found one of the best ways to generate vast amounts of traffic for a site without sourcing a link is through Gumtree. Simply advertise a vacancy and tell people to apply through your website (Which is located in the image). As far as SEs could pick up, I could have just played a radio ad or something. I’ve got loads of little tricks like this. There are so many ways to generate traffic without links, (Almost like creating ‘corporate awareness’ for the brand, as people tend to Google my site directly rather than type it in in their URL search bar). The website doesn’t need to make money today, you can play games and wait it out. It puts pressure on the fun. A similar approach MZ took with Facebook (Obviously I’m not comparing the sites, just the strategies behind getting them to grow). I think you suffer what many people in the industry do, and you put the Google on a pedestal, and focus too much on immediate gratification. The whole point of SEO is to effectively work with, but ultimately outsmart the SEs.

My personal project in regards to the P&E sites, I think the idea of combining what is now and what will be to create a power house website is actually quite clever. I say will be, as you do know that the different Google domains actually run different versions of the algorithm? What you are reading about what is happening in US and UK, isn’t happening here. A prime example you can test yourself right now is the new Hummingbird update. It has allegedly been out in the States for 6 weeks, and I have seen some of the awesome interactive features it brings with the search bar. Combined with this is the ability to understand pronouns from related searches and process if I am looking for a business or an answer. Guess what? Google.co.za doesn’t have this yet, and as such we aren’t in this update yet, and still playing by old rules. I’m sure if you go through a Proxy you will see this. Further combined with this, the actual people who use Google.co.za. I know this sounds strange to some readers, but most South Africans actually don’t know how to effectively search Google, and are often still giving it keywords. In America, the average search term has gone up to over 5 words, while in SA it is under 4. Sometimes it is very easy to forget how backwards a nation we are in regards to the internet etc. (For those who don’t know, Google actually supply a 1GB/s line to domestic homes for around $50 a month in the US). While people in USA and that are saying rather provide a solution as that is what people look for, that is area specific. This is where thought and reason come into play, and people can use ideas that are successful abroad and localize them. The whole thing relies on imagination, you got to remember that. Be original and break the rules in a clever way. That is how I have helped my clients, and it actually what is going to be needed when the industry starts to saturate, like it will in the next 3-4 years.

In regards to your site IMHO, I will explain most parts to the best of my knowledge, but Mark is going to have to step in on one little details, and you can check from there? When I looked at your current site, there are a few things

Thanks
    Kyle, I did explain that I do not want to improve on that site at this stage. Please stop doing things I did not request. I am doing my own thing. I am obviously not giving everything I do through on here. Thanks.
    ~Expenses will eat you alive! - My first Boss~

Thanks
    It depends on the SEO techniques that you are using to top rank in Google. You must choose an expert SEO to do the job for you because they really know on how to boost your page in Google.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sometimes it's fascinating coming back to a thread a few years later. In this case, the electrician-bros website is gone, and the plumber-bros website sells e-liquids for e-cigarettes.

Go figure

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Sometimes it's fascinating coming back to a thread a few years later. In this case, the electrician-bros website is gone, and the plumber-bros website sells e-liquids for e-cigarettes.

Go figure
    and the SEO expert who signed up recently is really an expert?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345