Hi

I need help with a pest problem:

I'm battling to get rid of some typ of mite in my flat. This has troubled me now for a couple of months. I moved flats to remove the source of the infestation (which I think was birds) but I have infested my new place with all the furniture I brought in. It is a real nuisance - crawling/jumping sensations and small stings. Unfortunately I have been unable to catch a specimen as they would be very small and are mostly active in the dark. My flatmate feels them too so I am definately not going crazy.

I have now called in a pest control company twice to spray the place (last spray was 2 weeks ago) - this improved things a lot but it is not 100%. I had communicated the severity of the infestation to the pest control company and they, each time, sprayed my place (walls & ceeling too) with Dorine EC as well as a release of Nuvan Profi gas. This is the best available gas available to a pest control company to solve this problem but obviously it was not 100% effective. I live in a block of flats so I cannot consider the more extreme gases.

I am keeping my story short - it has been a real problem and I need a solution - it is really disturbing my life. Is there a different/more serious gas one could use in a flat? Is there a chemical I could apply myself (eg those from nurseries) - I understand that with this type of infestation a number of treatments maybe necessary? One of the nurseries nearby even sells a very dangerous gas to the public - Aluminium Phosphide. This is a very toxic gas so I can't imagine I could use it.

I would appreciate your comments - I really need someone in the pest control industry who has experience in such a problem to offer their opinion.

Thank you
Jeff