Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think about this website?

Silver Member league_of_ordinary_men's Avatar
    Thanks

What do you think about this website?

Guys and girls please check this site out and give us your honest opinion, http://www.spectratec.co.za/

Email problem
    Thanks
    It's unique + catchy !! - although I'm not a fan of black, perhaps blue would be more inviting??

1 or 2 bugs to sort out - the text on the article on XP - disappears behind the images on the RHS
    and it's cust'o'mer.

But well done to the developer / designer, so far.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojakoki View Post
    It's unique + catchy !! - although I'm not a fan of black, perhaps blue would be more inviting??

1 or 2 bugs to sort out - the text on the article on XP - disappears behind the images on the RHS
    and it's cust'o'mer.

But well done to the developer / designer, so far.
    It's a site my brother and I am developing, whats your screen resolution?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    There is nothing worse than going onto a website and there is no telephone number, other than that it looks good.

The colour is not an issue for me I like the fact that you can see the writing clearly, it is bold enough for us old ballies to see.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I personally don't like all the movement and stuff changing all the time on the home screen.

Another thing: Your use of English language and punctuation is terrible. You must have somebody proof read the stuff that you write.

Here is an example:

On the second day of Samsung’s Analyst Day they announced how they plan on how to stay on top of their companion. Their announce for bended and foldable displays was one thing but when it came to how they will be staying on top it got really interesting, they said they were planning on putting 64-bit processors in their future smartphones and not just that but will be developing its own “optimized” 64-bit design so its riding the wave that Apple started with its iPhone 5s. Samsung also announced that it plans to produce bended screens in 2014 and if they can overcome some technical barriers, foldable displays starting 2015.

One of Samsung’s big strengths are their screens and they said that it wants to push the screen and release smartphones with a 2560 x 1440 pixel resolution and pixel density of 560ppi, now to put it into perspective the Nexus 5 that was lunched last week already has 445ppi. But there’s more because they will continue to push and they want to put out 4K resolution screens by 2015.

These are some big plans for a company that does have allot of muscle behind it but if they want to continue to be competitive they will have to have and reach these types of goals.

Okay so a little while ago cooler master announced it will be releasing a new AL-series from CM storm which will include a new REAPER mouse, MECH keyboard and PULSE-R headsets. So we thought we would find out if they really are as good as they look. You can follow the links below to go to there full articles and take a look for yourself.

Im reading this page: GameXtend adds more playing time to your smartphone

and it says "Your reading.."

I read the splurb on that page and it is also not very good.

"With the release of the PlayStation 4 in a couple of days on the 5th of November" - Looking at today's date you need to be very careful when writing stuff connected to specific dates. We all forget to update stuff and those three words immediately show that the website isn't updated regularly.

With the arrival of the Ps4 and Xbox One so close we were discussing the future of consoles thing like "will there be another console after thing generation?" Well in our opinion this is the last one of its kind, I know what some of you may be thinking that there will always be consoles, but let’s take a look at the some facts, ...why is this a comma

If I hear next gen console it’s an automatic 60 FPs on any new game release but yet some game at launch will only be running at 30 FPs and many of you say well I’m fine with 30 FPs there is nothing wrong with it, well if you have spent some time playing on a PC that can play games at 60 FPs you know it must be the standard, -break the sentence up

Where not saying that the living room experience with a controller will go away but the consoles themselves will be gone, if we have a look at the new nvidia shield using your pc’s hardware for streaming your live gameplay to your TV you will have 60 FPs at 720p (1080p coming soon nvidia said) and you can use your controller when it’s in “console mode” you will have the ability to play your games at frame rates higher than any console can dream of,
    - break the sentence up

So we come up with the conclusion that there will not be another console generation like this because technologies like the nvidia shield streaming will take over the console market.

You must understand that one should not write as one speaks. People need concise facts, not long drawn out stories. You must also be careful of looooong sentences with lots of commas.

I just read a couple of the write-ups on the site and notes some issues off the top of my head. I am sure that you will find my comments harsh but I call it as I see it. There is nothing more off-putting than having to sift through long stories full of bad grammar when one is simply looking for specs.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    I personally don't like all the movement and stuff changing all the time on the home screen.

Another thing: Your use of English language and punctuation is terrible. You must have somebody proof read the stuff that you write.

Here is an example:

On the second day of Samsung’s Analyst Day they announced how they plan on how to stay on top of their companion. Their announce for bended and foldable displays was one thing but when it came to how they will be staying on top it got really interesting, they said they were planning on putting 64-bit processors in their future smartphones and not just that but will be developing its own “optimized” 64-bit design so its riding the wave that Apple started with its iPhone 5s. Samsung also announced that it plans to produce bended screens in 2014 and if they can overcome some technical barriers, foldable displays starting 2015.

One of Samsung’s big strengths are their screens and they said that it wants to push the screen and release smartphones with a 2560 x 1440 pixel resolution and pixel density of 560ppi, now to put it into perspective the Nexus 5 that was lunched last week already has 445ppi. But there’s more because they will continue to push and they want to put out 4K resolution screens by 2015.

These are some big plans for a company that does have allot of muscle behind it but if they want to continue to be competitive they will have to have and reach these types of goals.

Okay so a little while ago cooler master announced it will be releasing a new AL-series from CM storm which will include a new REAPER mouse, MECH keyboard and PULSE-R headsets. So we thought we would find out if they really are as good as they look. You can follow the links below to go to there full articles and take a look for yourself.

Im reading this page: GameXtend adds more playing time to your smartphone

and it says "Your reading.."

I read the splurb on that page and it is also not very good.

"With the release of the PlayStation 4 in a couple of days on the 5th of November" - Looking at today's date you need to be very careful when writing stuff connected to specific dates. We all forget to update stuff and those three words immediately show that the website isn't updated regularly.

With the arrival of the Ps4 and Xbox One so close we were discussing the future of consoles thing like "will there be another console after thing generation?" Well in our opinion this is the last one of its kind, I know what some of you may be thinking that there will always be consoles, but let’s take a look at the some facts, ...why is this a comma

If I hear next gen console it’s an automatic 60 FPs on any new game release but yet some game at launch will only be running at 30 FPs and many of you say well I’m fine with 30 FPs there is nothing wrong with it, well if you have spent some time playing on a PC that can play games at 60 FPs you know it must be the standard, -break the sentence up

Where not saying that the living room experience with a controller will go away but the consoles themselves will be gone, if we have a look at the new nvidia shield using your pc’s hardware for streaming your live gameplay to your TV you will have 60 FPs at 720p (1080p coming soon nvidia said) and you can use your controller when it’s in “console mode” you will have the ability to play your games at frame rates higher than any console can dream of,
    - break the sentence up

So we come up with the conclusion that there will not be another console generation like this because technologies like the nvidia shield streaming will take over the console market.

You must understand that one should not write as one speaks. People need concise facts, not long drawn out stories. You must also be careful of looooong sentences with lots of commas.

I just read a couple of the write-ups on the site and notes some issues off the top of my head. I am sure that you will find my comments harsh but I call it as I see it. There is nothing more off-putting than having to sift through long stories full of bad grammar when one is simply looking for specs.
    Thanks for the advise adrianh, we will take a look into that and not everybody likes the style but not everybody likes angelina jolie,hahaha thanks for the input and all the hard work,hehehehe and whats wrong with writing like one speaks? if it was all facts how much fun would it be to read

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    hmmm...

Aye well, horses for courses as they say!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    hmmm...

Aye well, horses for courses as they say!
    Don't worry we aim to please and thank you again for your opinion,I mean how can we improve if we don't get feed back if you see anything else please do let us know. Oh and we have this cool feature if you register with us you get a dedicated sales representative.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quite a long wait for anything to appear on the first page load of a first visit, and I'm on a pretty high speed connection right now

I know it can be tricky to resolve (I have a similar problem with TFSA which I still haven't managed to beat back to where I'd like to see it), but with an online shopping site page load time is pretty important.

If you can get the header area to display quickly at the very least, it would already be a big improvement.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Home page should have something about the company, with a few featured products. Departments ... Electronics should be PC components . me thinks. Also think you should lose the black. I also think e.g I looked for desktop hard drives, and the page loaded about 15, it is just too much choice and perhaps the reason some pages load so slow.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast