Yeah I know you asking yourself what does this have to do with business, well quite honestly I am sick and tired of having to deal with absolute rubbish customer service when it comes to purchasing industrial power tools, be it Hilti, Makita and now Bosch. Make no mistake I am am not complaining about the quality of some of these brands, however when it comes to customer relation none of these companies have a clue about dealing with customers.

You have to beg to get them to send a rep out to demo the tools, the reps are f^&* useless to say the least when you ask them technical questions about the equipment even though they go for product training, Hilti changes reps faster then I change my underwear., every time I ask for a tool demo there is a new rep, so now I drive to Springfield and deal directly with the person behind the counter, but then you have another problem because they don't stock most of the product in Durban you have to order and pay for delivery to your premises the following day or you have to drive back to the store in Springfield to collect the product. Likely for me Hilti has a decent product so once you purchase any of their products you don't have to waste time dealing with customer services until it requires a service, then it is back to JHB, they service it and charge you to deliver it back to Durban again, so it pays you to rather deal with a company like JMM power tools to service your power tools.

Half the product are not even on display in the stores, Bosch must be the top of the for this complaint, more like 60 % of their range is unavailable, for example the Bosch oscillating multi tool, you cannot find one on display anywhere in KZN, they only carry the 10.8 volt unit in JHB, they no longer stock the powered version and when you order the 10.8 volt unit, you have to wait 3 days to get, then on the 3rd day I am told that unfortunately they forgot to send it 3 days ago and get this, they cant give me a delivery date, in other words I must just be patient and they will get it to me when they do. I have product standing in my workshop talking up space since Thursday last week waiting for this tool to finish off the cutting and sanding.

I have got to a point where I need to start sourcing my power directly from the cheapest location in the world. You ask yourself why do I actually waste my money buying tools and expensive test equipment in this country, they say because of warranties, etc, yeah right. I wont even go into the problem I had with my Bosch laser level, that was a joke of note.