Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When is enough enough?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thumbs down When is enough enough?

It has become increasingly easy for users to demonise someone and basically they will attack each and every post turning every conversation onto rant.

When is enough enough? I can no longer write freely I can no longer enjoy the forum and I believe that I am not just speaking for myself and if I am so be it. I think a lot of people would agree that there was a time where things where nice but not anymore.

If I am to blame then so be it ban me and get it over with. But we have to tolerate discrimination, hate speech and demoralizing debates each and every time we log on then I see no point in doing so.

These people will shoot down anything and everything always trying to provoke and I must say they are very successful at it. But why is it us that get silent and not them?

Clearly a decision was made and I guess if we don’t conform we will continue to be victimized to a degree that a letter like this is called for.

I am seriously done trying to fight against 3 or more individuals that just want to twist and make bad everything we write. Truth is freedom of speech and opinion is one thing but attacking someone outright to a degree that we have to resort to the same tactics is beyond my comprehension.

I am not here to fight everyday but they demand it and they don’t get warned or anything. So now I leave Admin with this letter. I may be the first but I will not be the only. There will be others that feel this beyond debate.

There are many examples that I am not going to list them all but I feel there is enough there to see who starts the fight. Yes I don’t tolerate discrimination or hate speech especially if people will go as far as to dehumanize someone. So I leave this in your hands... Ban me if you want things will go well for a while till they find the next person they don't agree with.

Do what you wish I am done.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    OK - here's a suggestion -

Try to post in any particular thread a maximum of twice a day.
    I suspect you'll be surprised at the difference it will make.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I will reduce my frequency of posts and as well as new Thread to a minimum.
    peace is a state of mind

Suspended
    Thanks
    Here's another suggestion - try to respect other peoples opinions or their knowledge.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    Here's another suggestion - try to respect other peoples opinions or their knowledge.
    You have done nothing to earn my respect.

Thank you very much. I am trying to narrow down exactly what I need. Is there a test that can pick up dyslexia ??
    Yes they do Ian, and yes some do get past the starting blocks. But a lot of our work is done on a computer and an online package whereby you enter and work on candidates cv's on line, enter clients details etc, so they may have filled in a two page form correctly because they perhaps spent a few more minutes working on it, but then find out that she cannot spell correctly etc etc, either because she is rushed or they may be dyslexic etc etc. So I am trying to find an online test whereby we can try to pick theses things up earlier. have found some very basic ones which are not suitable because if you have half a brain cell for eg you can figure out the correct answers, so preferably need a test that can test Apptitude, dyslexia and IQ as well where we can test them at an interview stage.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Trying to test tec0's willpower already?

EDIT: Oh dear

You can't expect help if you don't give help a chance...

Thanks
    I wonder what the common denominator is
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    OK - here's a suggestion -

Try to post in any particular thread a maximum of twice a day.
    I suspect you'll be surprised at the difference it will make.
    In fact please come and chill in the ‘old school music is cool thread,’ anytime you like. You’ll find it refreshingly different! And remember you get to decide to what post you want to respond to or simply let the passage of time(excuse the pun..it's the prescription thing!) let that post gather dust

You and you alone decide how you going to react. Noone can actually extort a reaction or response from you!

If you don't react to certain posts and simply do your thing and make your contribution then it's actually of no significant consequence that anybody else is indifferent.

There's so many different forum aspects to TFSA, i'm only beginning to explore them and I like what I see. Simply explore the so many other rooms in this big house, hell, I'm going to!

Abraham Lincoln said "A house divided against itself cannot stand." TFSA is one house, it’s one organisation that you are all members of. Use the tools at your disposal that TFSA offers to make whatever meaningful contribution you wish you make, and I personally know that you can make a great contribution as you have always been doing.

“Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Why not set up a specific thread each day, to let off steam. With Dave's permission, of course.

Example :

The rant at hijacking of SA's new school education system thread?

People start a thread, hoping to extract good ideas & engage others of like mind in doing so.
    A few decent posts - the rest degrades into a mine's longer than yours contest.
    Blah.. blah... blah...
    Some folks have absolutely no manners
    Blah.. blah... blah...
    Kicked the dog, he bit me back
    Blah... blah... blah...
    Too bad that SA's next generations will end up eating sand.
    Blah... blah... blah...

Feel so much better now!!!
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Suspended
    Thanks
    I wonder how he came to the conclusion our tests had anything to do with him .....?????

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.