Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW NOT TO PAY E TOLL !!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Suspended
    Thanks

HOW NOT TO PAY E TOLL !!!!

Dear South African motorists and their friends,
    TOLL ROADS ARE TO BE IMPLEMENTED NATIONWIDE. Finish and klaar.
    This is not just a Gauteng concern, every province is targeted for tolls.
    IT SEEMS TO BE ANOTHER SCAM ON US ALL FOR THE ENRICHMENT OF A FEW. Consider….
    1) To fund the road costs by way of a small addition to the fuel levy would cost absolutely nil in collection fees. Nada, zilch!
    2) The proposed tolls collection costs amount to nearly 40% of what you will pay under tolling. 40% versus nothing. Where is the reasoned thinking?
    NB: 3) The collection fees (R5 billion a year) goes offshore to Austria , far from the auditor general’s reach and oversight powers. Petrol levies stay in S.A. and are audited.
    4) R5 billion exported impoverishes us all. Our current account is already disastrous. R5 billion is the equivalent of just 20 new Zuma seraglios, but is still a lot of money.
    Wayne Duvenage says we already collect R40 billion p.a. in fuel levies, much more than we need to sustain decent road structures.
    Tolls are just another disguised tax like A.D.T., private schools and Discovery, paying for services which you have already paid for with your tax buck.
    For-profit taxis are exempt from tolls, we producers still have to pay. Our Lords and Masters are dead scared of the taxis. So, I guess, are we all!
    Daily we read of the huge financial scams being perpetrated on us by our scurvy elected Lords and Masters. Daily Huge amounts and no one is ever brought to account.
    We are punch drunk and feel powerless. We know that this latest scheme is like the others. We know why they will not release the contract details, and are united in gatvolheid.
    TOLL ROAD DISOBEDIENCE IS OUR CHANCE TO FIGHT BACK! And no one gets to bleed for a change. You can simply suck it up (again) or fight back.
    A very simple solution is at hand. It will cost you nothing, give you immense satisfaction and stop those scumbags who wish to accumulate huge offshore bank accounts at your expense.
    DO NOT REGISTER FOR E-TOLL TAGS. REGISTERING IS NOT A LEGAL REQUIREMENT. IF YOU DO NOT REGISTER THEY HAVE TO SEND YOU AN ACCOUNT, 300 THOUSAND ACCOUNTS A DAY, 10 BILLION ACCOUNTS PER YEAR, 10 BILLION! Quite impossible, and the scam will collapse.

Here is what you do:
    Then query your account! What fun. They will have to send you a photo of every toll you have passed through, maybe 20 billion in total. Then you can argue that it was not you but a cloned licence plate. Demand proof that you were the driver. With individual identification.
    DEMAND THAT THEIR 'LETTERS OF DEMAND' ARE SENT BY REGISTERED POST. Oh! The cost, the cost, the cost!
    Defend the case if you have time, but it will never reach that stage, the logistics and costs would be too overwhelming for the possible scamsters to contemplate. Insist, in writing, that the guy in charge of the camera attend the court, then pay your R15 due the day before trial.
    Over 20 years there is perhaps R160 billion at stake here, many times that when every province is targeted.
    R160 billion of your, my and South Africa’s money, possibly diverted to crooks (they will not disclose the contracts which divulge where and to whom the toll fees are to be paid, so we cannot know).
    Sincerely, if you are tired of being a milk cow, tired of seeing your hard worked-for earnings being ripped off for the benefit of a few connected yobboes, tired of being scammed,
    DO NOT BUY AN E-TAG, THEY CANNOT LOCK YOU UP, CANNOT BEGIN TO FIGHT US ALL, AND CANNOT HOPE TO WIN.
    Remember, the more draconian they get in trying to extort money from you, the more they will lose at the polls, and losing power is something they cannot afford as it would deny them the unlimited power of plunder they now enjoy.
    Please send this to as many of your contacts as possible. Let this go viral
    We will win for a change, and won’t that be satisfying!
    Please, pass this on

We also need to stand together against Fuel Hikes, taxes, and whatever scam they come with in the future.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I'm not paying....

Thanks
    I’m not paying either...
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    E-tolls is just another example of the unholy alliance between politicians and crooks.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    This is an article on how the e-Tolls have failed in Portugal because users are not paying. (thanks Tony De Waal) DEAD LOSS “Toll revenues - Lost stability” read the Power Point presentation earlier this week as Estradas de Portugal (EP) roads chief António Ramalho, disclosed how administration fees on previously unpaid motorways (SCUT) were eating into the company’s already waning profits. Combined with plummeting road usage and a growing number of users failing to pay tolls, EP chairman, Ant-ónio Ramalho expressed real concern over the sustainability of the company. This position is now further exacerbated following an investment, approved last week by the cash-strapped government, to spend €111 million on urgent road upgrades and maintenance this year, up from €80 million spent in 2012. António Ramalho had already explained last month that cars travelling on SCUT motorways without an electronic tagging device cost as much to bill as the amount they pay for using the toll road. “The system is unsustainable and we hope it doesn’t stay the way it is. If it doesn’t change, we will not have enough money to conserve, preserve and maintain a road network which is considered the fourth best amongst OECD member nations”, Mr. Ramalho argued. Currently, 29 percent of all monies collected from these motorways are channelled towards administrative fees, which rose from €17 million in 2011 to €42 million last year. Mr. Ramalho, this week, meanwhile promised a stringent revision of the system, which is expected to come into force after the October municipal elections. He had earlier this year pledged to have a new system operational by April, but it seems that persistent glitches during testing have resulted in yet another postponement. Overall, revenue from SCUT motorways plummeted by 74 percent in 2012 on the previous year, EP said, and with traffic figures dropping even further in 2013, there seems to be no apparent end to the rot. The EP chief openly admitted that the expected revenue from these motorways is “frankly well below those indicated by initial studies” commissioned by the government. While there is little that can be done to boost revenue from these much-maligned motorways, Mr. Ramalho has announced renewed efforts to obtain money through enforced payments from motorists who use these routes without paying, many of them repeatedly so. Last year, EP failed to collect a total of €30.6 million from offending drivers. On average, 19 percent of toll-road users fail to pay for using a SCUT motorway. The chasing down of these outstanding payments has been handed over to tax officials, who could go as far as ordering police to seize transgressing drivers’ vehicles to secure payment of tolls, though no such action has yet been reported. Another headache for EP has been that thousands of cars have streamed onto secondary roads across the country since the introduction of tolls on SCUT motorways. The Algarve, in particular, has seen thousands more cars flood the EN125 while the A22 motorway has seen traffic more than halved. This has left the Government in a situation where not only has it to pay road operators more to maintain secondary roads (based on ballooning traffic counts) but it has also lost income from toll roads, boycotted by a combination of cash-strapped and angry motorists. Concerns are now being consistently raised as to the profitability of charging tolls on previously unpaid or so-called SCUT motorways. Revenue from tolls on SCUT motorways are paid to EP by road operators, who in turn are paid back by the state, based on traffic and monies generated on routes they are contracted to maintain. The situation is slightly different on secondary routes, but private contractors on roads such as the EN125 have benefitted from an increase in traffic as they too, are paid by the car. Based on figures from 2012, traffic on the EN125 can expect an increase of around 3,000 cars each day during the summer months. Certain stretches, such as the one between Odiáxere and Estômbar (an alternative to one of the more costlier stretches on the A22) witnessed traffic climb by an average of 5,400 vehicles a day in August. But the rising demand of the EN125 has not translated into any visible improvements. The opposite has in fact been true, with the Government cutting back €150 million euros (roughly a third) from the budget the road was allocated even prior to the introduction of tolls. In recent comments to The Portugal News, the leader of the Commission of Via do Infante (A22) road-users, João Vasconcelos, stressed that “tolls don’t have any future in the Algarve.” “The introduction of tolls in the Algarve has seen the region go back 20 years and has compounded the economic woes of its people.”
    So why do you keep on voting for this incompetent, corrupt government of yours?
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

6. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (25-Oct-13)

Thanks
    I hear a lot of people saying "I will not pay", but words are cheap. They have already received over 600 000 e-toll applications from big companies and many are from trucking companies, it seems the "rich" that can afford these tolls are paying them, in the form of e-tags, so the less fortunate are left alone to fight the fight. I predict that the cANCer will win again because they know of the "divide and conquer" rule of war. If ALL South Africans do not stand together, we will have no chance whatsoever.

I hereby pledge that I will not pay, and I will face whatever the consequence may be, but I have had enough of highway robbery!
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus

8. Thanks given for this post:

Miro Bagrov (29-Oct-13)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I am with Dave S on this one, (except the part that he will not pay) everyone will end up paying, talk is cheap and so are email petitions, you don't see thousands of black people sending emails, they gather, dump, burn and kill, but at least they get results. If you really want to see change in this country you need to get up from your computer, media device and make it happen.

This is why we don't have a crime problem in this country yet, people are still to comfortable.

It is just a matter of time and all the roads will have E- toll, so get use to it, the longer you stall it the more you are gona pay, The court cases and equipment standing idle is costing someone a kak house full of money which is going to be recovered some how, either toll fees, additional petrol taxes, or some other form of tax.

Thanks
    I can't see how we can capitulate to this situation. It will just result in the powers that be implementing systems as and when they want to.
    I believe that a resistance must be made to whatever level can be sustained to prevent this form of abuse.
    The toll fee that is being caped at is in excess of 25% of the minimum wages of the majority of workers in this country.
    Big business not standing up to this indicates that they have already made the decision to pass the costs on to users. Inflation here we come.
    I think that the unions have got this one correct.
    Resist wherever possible, is what I believe and would encourage others to do the same.
    United we stand but divided we fall.
    Pat Kelly

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The words "I will not pay" are going to fall on deaf ears, as this becomes a civil debt, which in the end can lead to a criminal record.
    The other words "
    We also need to stand together against Fuel Hikes, taxes, and whatever scam they come with in the future. " are hogwash,

How you gonna stop a fuel hike? not buy fuel - BS
    You not gonna pay your tax? BS you will be hunted down by SARS

Yes we can make SANRAL's life very difficult to collect the eTolls, and we must make every effort to make this so.

Many business are buying into the eTolls simply to maintain their business on going, the fact that the CEO's personally may not agree is another matter.

I have a 20 year old daughter who s is very naive and impressionable and has to travel on the highways to college, who is going to defend her if at some stage SANRAL decides that they going to have a road block and arrest all who go through, throw her in jail over night. Whilst this is unlawful and would be thrown out of court, who is going to carry the emotional scars that have been caused by the incarceration and what ever happens behind those bars?

As far as I am personally concerned, I am not going to buy an eTag and make every effort to make SANRAL's life difficult, but when it comes to my daughter's well being, that is a different story.

What is going to happen is that there is going to be a 5 to 20% increase in all goods, simply because the volume of goods transported by road are phenomenal, and business will simply add the cost to their goods prices.

The statement that the government makes that it will not affect the poor is total horse sh!t, as the food and cloths that they consume, travel by road and do not get delivered in buses and taxis.

mmm... there's a good idea, register as a taxi or a bus and then use it as a delivery vehicle... that should screw them!
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    I have a 20 year old daughter who s is very naive and impressionable and has to travel on the highways to college, who is going to defend her if at some stage SANRAL decides that they going to have a road block and arrest all who go through, throw her in jail over night. Whilst this is unlawful and would be thrown out of court, who is going to carry the emotional scars that have been caused by the incarceration and what ever happens behind those bars?
    I think it is even more sinister than that, being arrested and tossed into a jail is tantamount to a death sentence, especially if you are a white South African, before the issue even gets to court you will already be as good as dead, the ANC knows this and will use it as leverage to get you to pay. We are being forced to pay by the fact that we value our families above all else. It's not going to be long before price fixing by the government, that allows individuals below a certain income to buy commodities at reduced prices, this will, no doubt, hold their majority vote.
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast