Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Petrol attendant dispenses petrol into a diesel vehicle.

Thanks
    I understand that you need to be vigilant when going about your daily business, but the truth of the matter is that we generally rely on trust that the person providing a service is capable of doing what is on offer.
    What would our lives be if we distrusted every situation we became involved in. If we had to do background checks on all service providers or needed to observe every transaction we where involved with..
    Can you imagine taking a uv light with you every day to check that the money you where given was real. Or to stand by a mechanic who was working on your car to ensure that all the nuts and pieces where properly secured?
    I don't think that we as people should lead our lives being distrustful of our involvement in everyday situations. If this was necessary I think that the quality of our lives would be greatly degraded and that the lives of those around us severely impacted.
    I don't believe that it is laziness that we do not check on services provided, but that we expect the correct service to be provided.
    In my experience what i have found is that one of the reasons that these situations occur is as a result of the attendants trying to outdo his colleagues and earn additional tips, by providing service to more than one vehicle at a time, specifically when the customers are known to be better tippers.
    I know of a number of service stations that disallow any attempt to service more than one vehicle at a time. This has at these stations greatly diminished the incidents of poor service.
    I do believe that the implementation of proper systems and regular ongoing training of staff is the true answer to resolving issues of this nature.
    Not only at service stations, but at all institutions where service is provided. Banks, Restaurants etc.
    Pat Kelly

2. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (29-Oct-13), pmbguy (29-Oct-13)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12