Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vaccinations in the spotlight

Thanks
    *More info on name changes. Plus some more info for those that are interested.*
    The history of polio has been distorted.
    The first thing anyone says when you discuss not giving vaccines is 'do you want her to get polio?' Obviously not, although 'getting' polio and being paralyzed are two completely different things, given that 95% of polio cases are asymptomatic. Furthermore, polio has been consistently reclassified over the last 50 years so that many diseases we called polio at one time are no longer called that. This reclassification is not just an American trait, though.
    In India in 2012, they celebrated a whole year going by without a polio death. Great news, hey! But have you heard of non-polio acute flaccid paralysis? A new study revealed that rates of non-polio acute flaccid paralysis (NPAFP) have increased 1200% since the oral polio vaccine was introduced a decade ago. Bear in mind NPAFP is "clinically indistinguishable" from wild polio. Clinically. Indistinguishable. We may have eliminated a virus, but we have not eliminated paralysis, which, after all, should have been the goal of the program.
    So, has polio been "eradicated" or reclassified?
    Also, you most likely source of getting polio in America in the last 60 years was actually from a polio vaccine. In 1955, in what is now referred to as the 'Cutter Incident', 120,000 people were mistakenly vaccinated with live polio. Whoops!
    http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/8-m...c7bec-86914577

Thanks
    @ Trickzta, just a thought:

You have clearly invested considerable time and energy on this thread and your other threads. This tells me that you capable of conducting sound research. Why not channel your research capabilities in some of the other forums of TFSA?[as you have no doubt already seen, there is the marketing forum, the general business forum just to name 2]

I think that you can make a meaningful contribution! Try one of the sub- categories of TFSA business forum.

I’m merely trying to suggest that given the fact that you are willing to invest time and considerable research energy in very specific topics, why not use your skills and abilities to the benefit of the entire TFSA community? In doing so I assure you that you will be making a meaningful contribution to South Africa..

Just my 2 cents..
    Last edited by Citizen X; 26-Nov-13 at 06:18 PM. Reason: typo
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

3. Thanks given for this post:

Trickzta (26-Nov-13)

Thanks
    You are right Vanash, and I've posted a small piece on antibiotics minutes ago, before I read your reply. I will try to get around to posting more in the future. Thanks.

5. Thanks given for this post:

Citizen X (26-Nov-13)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickzta View Post
    You are right Vanash, and I've posted a small piece on antibiotics minutes ago, before I read your reply. I will try to get around to posting more in the future. Thanks.
    All research has value! Someone out there in our South African community will owe you a debt of gratitude if you could simply use your research skills in the right direction.
    Think of it as this energy you have, which you and you alone can channel in this right direction. And, hey, you get to choose:[I’m just naming a few: General Business Forum, Business Finance Forum, Accounting Forum, Marketing Forum, Business Online Forum, Business Ownership and Management Forum, Scam alert Forum, Technology Forum].
    In one of these forums you can find your niche, it’s waiting for you!

I will try to get around to posting more in the future
    I'll hold you to this
    PS: When you want to reply to a very specific persons post, use the 'reply with quote,' ribbon, bottom right of every post next to the 'reply,' ribbon,' this will make it must easier to follow what you saying and where you going with a specific point..
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234