Thread: Invoice length?

Silver Member league_of_ordinary_men's Avatar
    Thanks

Invoice length?

Okay the way I understand it is your invoice should be one page long and if you have more products then what can fit on one the page you add the other products to an new invoice(please correct me if I'm wrong).If so do you add the total's for the products per invoice at the bottom where it say's "Total",the reason I ask is that if you do put the totals for the products per invoice how does it then work if you charge for all the products as one order total?

Here's an example:

Lets say a customer buy's products from me for R100 which is 10 products but my invoice length only allows me to add 5 products but the customer buy's 10,so the way I understand it is I make 2 invoices with 5 products each.But do I show the total for the 5 products per invoice(R50) when I charge them for 10 (R100) and show a total for 10 on my website cart total?

Thanks
    My understanding is that you do not need to make two invoices - you can spread them over two pages but with one invoice number. If you do split it onto two invoices, then each invoice should contain the total of that invoice only.

The other alternative is to put all the items onto a separate page and use one line for the invoice saying something like "For supply of 10 items as per attached order ... total"
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    My understanding is that you do not need to make two invoices - you can spread them over two pages but with one invoice number. If you do split it onto two invoices, then each invoice should contain the total of that invoice only.

The other alternative is to put all the items onto a separate page and use one line for the invoice saying something like "For supply of 10 items as per attached order ... total"
    So basically you spread it products over 2 pages but use one invoice number on both?

Gold Member
    Thanks
    You can make your invoice as long as you want. There is no restriction and yes, the number is the same on all pages.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CLIVE-TRIANGLE View Post
    You can make your invoice as long as you want. There is no restriction and yes, the number is the same on all pages.
    I was under the impression that your invoice has to be one page long due to the fact that you have to be able to show the total,,,etc on one page or it's an incomplete invoice.Cool so I just keep the invoice number the same on all the pages and put the total on the last one or on all of them?

Gold Member
    Thanks
    No it is fine. I have seen many multi-page invoices, some running to 1,000+ lines, though most do show running sub-totals at the bottom of each page, annotated "sub-total."

If you only show a total, this should be on the last page and preferably the pages should be numbered.

7. Thanks given for this post:

league_of_ordinary_men (16-Oct-13)

Thanks
    Thank you for the help CLIVE