Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easyfile EMP501 issue

Email problem
    Thanks

Question Easyfile EMP501 issue

Hi Everyone,

Another issue popped up with E@syfile.

When trying to open the EMP501 under declaration, it shows either a blank white screen, blank black screen or a popup that just says Adobe PDF Document

Has anyone experienced this issue? Adobe reader is up to date.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's probably hanging on one of the "check in with an online server for updates" tests along the way. My best suggestion is try after normal business hours, or try with the computer offline.

Thanks
    Hi marchant. Is your E@syfile up to date.? They released v 6.40 fairly recently.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    It's probably hanging on one of the "check in with an online server for updates" tests along the way. My best suggestion is try after normal business hours, or try with the computer offline.
    Okay thanks Dave will give it a try.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Hi marchant. Is your E@syfile up to date.? They released v 6.40 fairly recently.
    Jip, updated everyone's E@syfile recently.

Thanks
    Hi marchant,

Sometimes the Java needs to be updated (or at one stage even downgraded). Also check that you have latest Adobe Air and Flashplayer.

Sounds like you have updated on other machines as well. Do they all have the same issue?
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks

Gabrielle

Why does version 6.4 keep saying 'failed to connect to the update server' when I open it

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrielleb View Post
    Why does version 6.4 keep saying 'failed to connect to the update server' when I open it
    Hi gabrielleb - mine has done that as well since the update. Presumably it will only get fixed once they need us to do another update.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrielleb View Post
    Yep - seems they've successfully managed to introduce a new erroneous error message - it probably should be saying "no new update available" or something along those lines.

I see a previous bug that was fixed in a previous version is back too - when your attempted submission fails the pre-submission validation stage, you're supposed to be able to go to utilities and get a report of what failed. However, the report on the failed submission simply isn't there.

My other favourite irritation, the refusal to be able to get missing tax numbers for new personnel that already have a tax number allocated, despite you having ID etc. captured when you synchronise... Honestly, why don't they just do it. The extra faf trying to get an income tax number from someone who has never had to pay a cent in tax in their life is rather irritating, especially knowing the problem could be so easily solved.

Copy of ID - no problem. Got anything with your income tax number on it - most often they don't even know they are registered for income tax.

Thanks
    When I syncronise with efiling it says completed with error 'unable to syncronise some taxpayers info' am having huge problems! I filed emp501 on the previous version and when I updated it told me my submission was rejected due to incorrect format for employer postal address!!! Had to go into employer admin and re put in box number even though it was there! Resubmitted and then was accepted except my statement if acc was a mess with everything douubled up!!! Scanned everything and emailes sars explaining their mistake! No. Answer but few days later the acc said nil balance owed and everything double reversed..... But now it says on efiling that submission is finalised and although empsa says I don't owe them, all of a sudden parts of may june and july payments cannot be allocated! How this is possible when they have everything there in black and white.... I just don't know! Have been trying for 3 weeks now to go into dashboard and allocate but it just says 'emp501 recon submitted, wait 48 hrs and check again' so every 2 days I do this and it has just reverted back to the same figures and unallocated amounts are back! So many hours and no joy! I give up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast