Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: They are not that expensive!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

They are not that expensive!!!

I am writing to you today in hope to that you can take this post to heart. We all have friends that consume alcohol it is nothing new and for the most part harmless. Unless the person gets violent then I would recommend handing them over to the police.

Other than that I want to tell you how you can save your friends job or even your own job. Also to save lives! Yes it is true zero tolerance policies are enforceable and neither the CCMA nor the Labour Union can save your but if you go to work stone drunk. They can try but it is a long shot at best.

So I got some of my friends a breathalyzer tester. You can get them at pharmacies or gadget shops. They cot between R100 to R350 and a good one can set you back a bit more but for the most part they are not that expensive. I recommend get one and test it at home make sure it works correctly. Best way to test is I find is “mouth wash” . Also don’t test yourself after using mouth wash. Give it a few moments.

This little device can tell you that you don’t belong at work or behind a steering wheel. The alternative is a car accident and or losing your job.

I few good people lost there jobs over bad decisions... So come on do the right thing get one if you need one or give one if your friend needs one.

Choice is yours.

Be safe!
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    I think you pretty much know, that if you have had more than two or three drinks, you are over the limit ! What you should be carrying with you all the time is the telephone no of Goodfellows or one of the cab companies so that you can call them to pick you up and take you home.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Agreed. That said you get people that party till they drop and when they wake-up they think they are ok because they cannot remember the amount of alcohol they consumed nor have a good idea on how much time has passed. So there is a true danger that they may drive a car or go to work “still intoxicated” Especially in South Africa we get people that can function normally while they had a few drinks behind them.

So this is basically just reality check to see that you are ok to drive and go to work. If you are the informed responsible drinker there is always a chance that forgot something so it remains a plus for them to have this device. But it is simply a must have if the person in question is a hardcore drinker.
    peace is a state of mind

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I really doubt if a hard-core drinker is to going to blow in the little device and go "Oh my, I'm still p1$$ed, I will just sleep in the bar tonight" or "Oh my, I am still p1$$ed from drinking last night, I will just call in sick today and sleep in"

The point that I am trying to make is that a hard-core drinker is irresponsible to start with, he won't get a taxi every night and he sure wont call in sick every day.

Thanks
    I want one just to see how high I can score
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm just picturing this:
    When an employee calls in and says "Hi boss, not coming in to work today because I'm still over the limit from drinking last night", what am I supposed to say?
    Or think for that matter?

Thanks
    Hey teco, your signature kinda ruins everything you wrote.

Thanks
    I'm with Adrian on this one, a hardcore drinker is an irresponsible dragon, or he/she wouldn't be a hardcore drinker in the first place.
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well I know of a few hardcore drinkers that use the device and behold they are still employed. So yes hard core drinkers will use the device because they value there employment otherwise how can they afford their habit?

Secondly these hardcore drinkers acts more “responsibly” The truth is alcohol takes the time it takes to go through your system but by consuming a meal that consist of heavy proteins will dampen the body’s ability to absorb the alcohol. Also remember that your body produces alcohol naturally in a small amount by adding more in your blood can result in a “higher positive” reading then the alcohol consumed.

Mixing your drink behaviour by switching between alcohol and none alcoholic drinks helps the metabolism deal with the alcohol. But normally it comes down to “how much you drank” and how much time you have between then and the next day. If your body had enough time to deal with the alcohol then the breathalyzer will give you an all clear.

If not then “that pesky stomach flu” excuse is always handy and true to a degree as your metabolism will be working overtime to deal with the poison.

I can’t tell you how many hours you need between your last drink and time your body needs to get rid of it because it comes down to the abuse your body had to deal with so again it is a good idea to have this device handy. It will give you an indication.

But the choice is yours, you can drink responsibly or you don’t. But out of experience I know if drinkers have access to such a device they do start to change their behaviour a bit because in the end of the day they need that pay-check.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Just as a side note, some larger corporations started to hand out these devices and really the results were worth it. Less dismissals a notable decline in damage of property are the most prominent factors. The general feedback was also good.
    peace is a state of mind

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast