Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: They are not that expensive!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eina26 View Post
    Hey teco, your signature kinda ruins everything you wrote.
    It is there for my protection,

The benefits of having such a device I believe is obvious however... But you get people that tries to shoot down everything. I don't know why

If the post is for you or someone you know than why not take it to heart buy the device “one of your choice” use it or give it to someone that needs it. Really at least you give someone a chance where they normally would have no chance. Also it is a wakeup call from a friend that cares.

Also what is stopping you to Google for facts and make your own informed decision. My intention was to spark an interest. If nothing else someone years from now will go “this sounds like plan” than I am happy

As for my Disclaimer it does its job
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    I like the idea of having testers connected to company vehicles, along with the usual tracker system. The car will start if you over the limit for safety reasons, but it will report it, at the same time taking a photo/video and over the car speaker he will hear your (boss) pre recorded warning "Craig see you in the office first thing" or "Think about this Craig....do you want your job?".
    I can also see these devices used on request of patrons at restaurants just before leaving for home, as a special added service.

But Tec tell me why this topic, what recent event made you think of this, was there an incident?
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Given the fact that those cheap ones are for one-time use only the market for social use will be extremely limited.
    A proper reusable tester will cost RX000, who is going buy that? Testing Freaks?
    I guess the cheap one will have its place, but will mostly dwell unused in the handbags of control-freak woman modelling around the mall

Tec, give me hypothetical examples of how You would use it.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    You will never get away with putting them in company vehicles. The staff would simply use mouthwash all the time to render them useless.

Thanks
    Dam you right, they will do that the bastards. I guess I will have to invent a non-invasive way to get blood, shit then I am screwed again they can get a blood transfusion

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Its just like drug testing, too many substances give false positives for it to be reliable without proper laboratory based testing. A simple one is poppy seeds, they produce a false positive for Opium. Going to be a bit difficult to prosecute a driver for Opium use because he had a Steers burger....Of course in the case of McDonalds you would be able to successfully prosecute him for eating cardboard

Suspended
    Thanks
    So what is going to happen ? An employee gets pissed all the time, decides to buy a "gadget", uses it in the morning only to find he is over the limit, so reports in sick ? There is only so many times he can do this with the sick leave he is owed. Personally I find that if I want to drink "heavily" I would probably really only do it on a Friday night or sat night as I would far rather be this way "responsible".
    I'm not going to buy a blower to be responsible.

Thanks
    Think of it this way, when have you ever told yourself "I wish I had a breathalyzer on me, dammit". The occasions when any individual would need one seems a bit narrow. However I don’t see anything wrong with having one as an emergency item in the first aid kit in the car.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    You must remember that some look for solutions within, others look for solutions (outside) (It would actually be more precise to say "Without" ...taking responsibility for the underlying problem to start with)

It would of course be a lot simpler not to drink excessively, but that would constitute changing the nature of the beast rather than simply sticking a bandaid on its ass!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Of course in the case of McDonalds you would be able to successfully prosecute him for eating cardboard
    I could never be employed if they test for macee D! I choose my house based on its proximity to the big mac.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast