Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FISHING

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Very true, you must be referring to blowfish!
    No, all fish

Fishing is moistly about being competent with your equipment and having a vast knowledge of the pray species. Understanding of habitat, conditions and behaviour is vital. You make your own luck on the lake.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    No, all fish

Fishing is moistly about being competent with your equipment and having a vast knowledge of the pray species. Understanding of habitat, conditions and behaviour is vital. You make your own luck on the lake.
    I don’t like live bait or rotten egg bait or all that stuff... killing little things just isn’t my style. I like to use dips and some homemade worms or just those rubber worms work very well. But I normally just don’t care much... My philosophy is don’t try too hard... Keep it simple...
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Ah, so what you put in you get out - It is most important to put in often because you will be rewarded with blowfish, goldfish, guppies but you have to keep an eye open for old wrinkly smelly snoek and also the odd ice cold jellyfish.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I think we are a world apart on this one... I really do want to try and catch a marlin but the sharks normally get him before you can release it.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    ok for normal fishing I use a Mielie bom to create a feeding spot then my supper secret bate AKA "SPAR bread dough" and make little wormy bate out of it. Never ever had a problem catching something.
    When I fish for Carp I will always have one or 2 rods with a bomb on it. The trick is to keep your rod in the water forever with a bomb, they will come. I also like using boilies and floaties on their own whilst fishing a pre baited spot. I have ample supply of earth worms too if I need. I must admit that Bass fishing is my first love, but I fish for all freshwater species. Bass, Trout, Carp, Babel, Scalie, Tilapia, etc etc even a bluegill here and there. I don’t have massive experience in sea fishing but I love it too
    Fishing makes me happy
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    I think we are a world apart on this one... I really do want to try and catch a marlin but the sharks normally get him before you can release it.
    That’s why you must reel the marlin in quickly

@Adrain - yes it’s true and you may even hook up with a grunter at the end of a hectic fishing day

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    hmmm...true.. but you mustn't let the old koi that rules the fishpond at home find out about your fishing expeditions... the old koi gets very upset when they find out that you've been reeling in marlin... I think it is because the old koi no longer looks like a marlin but now resembles a whale!

Thanks
    hmmmm

Thanks
    why?.... don't get the dm involved that’s bad manners

Anyway, so Adrian I know you don't have a gimp, but you probably have some secret harem, I hope so. Hey we will chase skirt around CT some time, scout for good locations so long. Ideally we are looking for quality and quantity.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    for sure!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast