Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shopping Spree

Thanks

Shopping Spree

Just hypothetically if you had a spare R100k in your business account and you had to spend it this week on something(s) frivolous for your business what would you buy and why?

I think I'd start with a nice new commercial cappucino/espresso machine and a decent coffee grinder for the office. I'd also get a management fridge so my lunch has a better than evens chance of still being complete when it's lunchtime. Maybe a nice plush leather office chair for myself and a cellphone jamming device to stop the social networking addicts in their tracks. If there was any change left over I'd install a music system in the offices and workshop and make them listen to opera all day

Thanks
    I would love the smell of coffee so an aromatic coffee machine for sure with a way to mask the chemical smell from cleaning the press. Then a sound system linked to the dstv radio channels so we can change to whatever takes my mood for the day.
    Paint our patio with a compound that is slippery to motorbike tyres so the idiots next door who park on the patio when we are not open fall on their a$s and stop spilling 2 stroke oil everywhere.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    I like the idea of some kind of Teflon paint on you patio, it would certainly have good entertainment value as well

I have another frivolous thing on my wish list, I've always wanted on of those drinking bird toys for my office table. I had one when I was a kid but they're not easy to find nowadays.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	3971

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's the "frivolous" part of this I'm struggling with. My mind keeps turning to functional stuff

Mind you, a few months ago I bought some wooden sculptures for around the office. But that was out of appreciation for the art really - the thought that we actually could do with something like that in the office rather than me take them home (and wrestle with the wife as to where they should go) only occurred after I'd bought them.

Thanks
    Yeah, the frivolous part was supposed to make it more difficult. I could have run off a list of dozens of functional items as well.

I'm very impressed with your art purchase although I have a nagging feeling there may have been an investment element to it rather than just plain frivolous

Thanks
    Andy, you're making me think way outside my comfort zone, I don't think I have ever just bought something for the sake of having it, everything I own has a practical/functional purpose. Who would've thought such a simple question would tax the brain so?
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I would get a very artistic person to decorate the office and workshop to give of an air of elegant yet functional style. I can only think in functional and practical terms like DaveS. My decorating style tends to be lots of equipment standing around, 3 computers with printers and stuff on one desk, a printer on a chair, another on the floor and a jungle of cabling. Is al very comfortable because its all at hand. I suppose the average customer thinks I look like a crazy professor trying to build the space shuttle flight deck.

Suspended
    Thanks
    I think I would re-decorate our Cape Town office with light colours, buy a very nice boardroom table, the nice thick one that costs an arm and a leg, get a new Nespresso coffee machine, bring our Jhb girls down to CT for our launch, take them on a catamaran sunset cruise from the V & A waterfront for a year end function.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Please invite me when you take the JHB girls on the cruise...I will hold the bucket for all of them and pat their seasick aching heads

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Please invite me when you take the JHB girls on the cruise...I will hold the bucket for all of them and pat their seasick aching heads
    Lol sometimes we all go out for lunch here in Jhb, I feel like a pimp sometimes, cos some of them attract a lot of stares �� I love my job

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast