Thread: Bandwidth Limits

Thanks

Bandwidth Limits

Its seems that one of my sites was doing quite well.......well enough to create a bandwidth limits problem that is.

I found that the site hasn't been up for the last week, as the isp has taken it down. No Axxess you might say.

I found out thanks to Google telling me they could not find my robots.txt file.
    Nothing from the isp - No notice, no email, not even an apology when I phoned in to find out what as going on. Just an extremely rude helpdesk operator telling me it was all my fault, and if I wanted to move my account well then go ahead.

So I guess that site is not doing that well after all.
    But from now on definitely no Axxess.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    Obvious;y they don't want your business! I'd have thought an ISP might warn you that you're reaching a bandwidth limit and try to sell you a larger package. IMO stupid of them, because you'd obviously (at least) think about an upgrade, probably go for one too - seeing as reaching your limit means visitors are on the increase and thus also your possible turnover.
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irneb View Post
    Obvious;y they don't want your business! I'd have thought an ISP might warn you that you're reaching a bandwidth limit and try to sell you a larger package. IMO stupid of them, because you'd obviously (at least) think about an upgrade, probably go for one too - seeing as reaching your limit means visitors are on the increase and thus also your possible turnover.
    I upgraded at their opposition's tent.
    Transfer adsl at the end of this month.

Thanks
    Quite odd that they would simply shut your site down. Out of interest, had you purchased an unlimited bandwidth hosting package, and if so what does their Fair Policy Usage (FPU) state about excessive usage?

We've had a few clients who have consumed large amounts of data due to either the content being hosted or activity on their site how ever it has always been approached with both parties interest in mind.

If your website is legitimately that busy then it makes no business sense to shut you down, but rather have you pay for what you use.

Thanks
    It was just an el cheapo hosting package for a simple html site.
    The site had drawn enough attention to attract a vast ....well ok a few more clicks than usual..interest which pushed it into the next the next level of required hosting package. Should not have been a big deal, only they had sent me one email a month earlier telling me not to worry about it and then not communicated at all after that. Not even to tell me it was now down until I upgraded or went away.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Support, unlimited disk space and bandwidth are always a must have when choosing a hosting company...