Thread: Mweb Cancellation

Thanks

Mweb Cancellation

Just want to pick some brains...

I have an ISP account with Mweb and I want to cancel it but they insist on a calender month (30 days) notice. My latest invoice is for 01 to 30 Sept. 2013, so I do not see why the cancellation cannot be done as for 30 September 2013.

It's a bit odd that it didn't take me a calender month to sign up for the service and I'm well within a billing period and paid-up till end September, where do I stand legally, should I cancel the debit order at end September?
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus

Suspended
    Thanks
    OH yes and then they will continue to bill you afterwards for 3 months. You will then fight and argue with them, send them the cancellation e mail etc etc etc and then they will go away.

I cancelled with them in Feb. It was only sorted out by the end of May. So I would suggest you give them the 30 day notice and every time you hear from them, you send them the cancellation e mail and tell them to go away. They are the most incompetent company I have ever dealt with ! Good Luck.

We are now with Telkom who do seem to be quite proficient at the moment (****holding thumbs****)

Thanks
    @HR Solutions, I hear you, I'm also thinking I must bite the bullet and cancel for end October, that way they can't turn around later and say they didn't receive cancellation. I have heard the problems that people have been having with Mweb, the first few years I was with them they were good, but lately, their service sucks, so I'm making a change to OpenWeb, I've heard nothing but good commentary on them, so we'll just have to wait and see. It is just for a 2Mbps Uncapped ADSL (residential) package.
    Today Defines Tomorrow

Suspended
    Thanks
    I went from Mweb to Afrihost to Telkom. I found that when you have another service provider involved, things get a bit more complicated and one says its the other one and vice versa.

Thanks
    Good luck with OpenWeb - they were not interested in doing my billing correctly so I went with WebAfrica which works well.....
    BTW OpenWeb were very quick to cancel my service!

I am with Axxess for many years but signed up with WebAfrica as a backup as they are on the Internet Solutions network and Axxess on MTN network.

BOVER Technologies
    - computer sales and TeamViewer support
    Elmine Botha Freelance Photographer - Photographer/ Videographer

Thanks
    Well, at this stage I have 2-months to decide which is going to be best for me, so i'll do some research in the meantime, but it definitely is not going to be Mweb... ever again.
    Today Defines Tomorrow

Thanks
    I've been speculating to leave mweb forever as I find their service and internet speeds are totally useless at times, but it feels like such a lot of work to switch isp's. Good luck on your transition.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The problem with Telkom is the speed. When I use my MTN sim card in my iphone I get LTE and over 5 , with Telkom I get 0.87 download and 0.42 upload that's on the Netgear ADSL router. Please note I am not referring to Telkom mobile, with them you are lucky just to stay connected. They have had people contact me to try fix it, but I have been informed that they are still new in mobile so I must be "please be patient" Idon't have a problem being patient so long as they don't mind be patient when I have to pay my monthly bill.

Diamond Member
    Thanks