Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Question ......

Suspended
    Thanks

A Question ......

Recently we interviewed and forwarded 5 CV.s to a client. We duly followed the procedure and shortlisted these 5 people and recommended them to our client. 5 interviews was setup with the client on a specific date. Come the date and only 3 candidates pitched for the interview !! The two that did not pitch were unemployed at the moment !!
    We have had this same problem in the past where people do not either come to our offices or don't pitch up at the clients office and found that more often than not they are the unemployed people !
    My question to anyone out there that can shed light on this is WHY is it the unemployed seem to give more hassles ??

Thanks
    Surely it's because they don't really WANT to be employed?

The only other reason that I can think of is that they don't have the wherewithall to be able to get to the interview.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Suspended
    Thanks
    Surely it's because they don't really WANT to be employed?
    This is exactly our thoughts as well in most of the cases Mike.

The only other reason that I can think of is that they don't have the wherewithall to be able to get to the interview
    Don't think so, because they managed to get to our offices where they were asked if they would like to work at that specific company, if they could get to the company, if it was not too far etc etc etc.

It is quite a sad state of affairs because like other companies we are also in the business to make money, as well as to help people out, but we are actually losing money if we spend time on these candidates, doing checks etc etc. And we cannot give up on unemployed people because we all have to do our little bit to build our country.

Thanks
    My late father in law used to say "there is a reason why a poor man is poor", guess now we know why they unemployed, there is a reason why they unemployed, is called attitude.
    Only Dead Fish go with the Flow
    http://www.4x4direct.co.za/

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I can think of many reasons and I don't think that any of the reasons are simply because they have a bad attitude or they don't want to work.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    No it is not about bad attitude,

I was in several situations where I had not transport. And this happens. You don’t plan on it nor is your intention to disappoint. I also had situations where I couldn’t phone anyone because I ran out of money to phone people.

Secondly I also walked away from interviews. Why because of other interviews that went badly. Example you have 1 in 5 shot to get a job. Now that is actually a chance worth taking. But I personally stopped sending out CVs because there was always someone better. Or so the companies thought.

I can recall a few times where the people they employed had all the papers but lacked practical skill. Today I wouldn’t even bother because of the “screening processes” simple truth as stated on a few threads, people like me don’t get jobs because some test figured out that we need a computer to spell.

I then wonder why bother with a computer to begin with? Consider that today a lot of businesses needs computers to do all kind of task because people do make mistakes. But because some are PC dependant now we are more "bad" somehow. I honestly truthfully don't understand it, and I probably never will.

So yes there is a number of reasons that can range from too many disappointments to not being able to make it.

But some good came from it all. Regardless of my own standings I did manage to make some good money now and again so I am not complaining about my choice of becoming self employed. My next "future" business looks good. But time will tell.

But without any argument or any anger HR... Imagine you have to get to a interview and you are without transport, money and no airtime. What do you do? What can you do? And remember sometimes people really are shy to tell you the truth because it hurts. It really does. It is not lekker telling a person you don't know the utter truth about your problems. Its only human.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Lol @ tec ...... Again ..... Explains a lot ....

Ps you are right You don't understand !

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    Lol @ tec ...... Again ..... Explains a lot ....

Ps you are right You don't understand !
    Again with the insulting... At least I am trying to be nice. I am actually having a Déjà vu.

peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    When I was still in IT looking for a job the following hsppened quite often. The recruitment companies would send me for interviews at companies for jobs that I was clearly unsuitable. This happend a couple of times with a couple of agents until I reached a point where I also refusedmto go to interviews unless I though that I may have a real shot. The problem is that getting to interviews costs money and if you are unemployed it becomes difficult to justify going to lots of interviews with lots of agencies. I once said to a agency that as far as I am concerned they should pay for my travelling costs because they kept wasting my time and money.

Suspended
    Thanks
    I hear u Adrian, but things have changed, well certainly with us tho.
    But on the same note We have had a guy WALK 10 km for a job interview, I kid u not. That is a person that really wants to work and it cost him nothing.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast