Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A Question ......

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    That's the, its all about personal experience. Then of course there is also how we relate to others, I find it very easy to relate to men in the workshop and with young women on the creative side.

I find is easy to relate to men in the workshop who want to work and don't want to argue and second guess every single thing.

I find that young women are extremely creative and open minded when it comes to creative lateral thinking, young men are far more rigid in their thinking.

Thanks
    I may be fuelling the fire, but sorry Tec you have to look in the mirror a bit here. I am sure you don’t endorse bullying, but look at how you attempt to bully HR and others. It is socially unacceptable to simply attack people the way you do. This here is a civilised community. If you somehow ended up at my house for a braai, and you treated my quests in such a manner, you would regret your arrogance swiftly. You find the most arbitrary statements so personally offensive, why? If I posted a statistic that reads “24y olds wank the most” (And you happen to be 24) would you then launch a personal attack against me because I am saying that you, tec0, are a wanker?
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Reminds me of the guy who said that 50% of all politicians are criminals and when he was asked to retract the statement he said that 50% of politicians are not criminals.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I can't help thinking there'll always be some level of attrition, particularly as time passes. In particular, my experience is make any appointment more than 24 hours in advance and your pitch rate drops radically. It seems to be the outside limit of what many people can keep the booking at top-of-mind, or important enough not to have a lapse of some sort. (For anyone reading this, that definitely excludes you, of course - but my numbers based on tens of thousands of appointments with clients over the years has clearly indicated the trend is very real).

HR - what are your stats for turn-ups at your first interviews before you start making referrals to the companies for interviews?
    How many days after that first interview do you end up setting up for an interview with the company?
    How many hours in advance do you make appointments for your first interviews?
    How many hours in advance do you make the appointments for the company interviews?

My suggestion - if you want to improve your turn-ups, keep the timeline tight as possible.
    Urgency also has a knack of injecting enthusiasm.

5. Thanks given for this post:

pmbguy (31-Aug-13)

Suspended
    Thanks
    Just thought I would quickly relate another story. Our client was looking for someone in Feb. We found the normal 5 people, sent them for interviews whereby the client shortlisted down to two and asked us to check them out at the same time. The one guy I am talking about had worked for a company for the last 5 years, therefore we could not do a reference check with that company. He got the job and started work in Feb. We have recently heard from our client that he has been off work for approx. 21 days (in2.5 months). We decided to do the check with the previous company as we were in our rights to do this now. Shock ..... he had been asked to leave them in Sep last year - Reason: Because he took off 61 days sick leave last year and 21 days awol !!! Therefore he had lied to us. He had committed fraud by not disclosing this and signing our application form ! He had told us at the time he was still working, therefore we could not check his employment with the previous company. End result - he has been asked to leave this company as well ! Here we have another 28 year old white unemployed guy that has not wanted to put some effort into his new job !

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Maybe next time, make a call as if you are a creditor looking for person ABC.
    I am sure that the receptionist will give you information with out even knowing that will help in your findings.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    Maybe next time, make a call as if you are a creditor looking for person ABC.
    I am sure that the receptionist will give you information with out even knowing that will help in your findings.
    Yes we have rectified just that Justloadit. We learn every day and every day something new pops up.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Yep, the day you stop learning is the day that you are dead
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345