Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: People that Dont want to work !!!!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The reality is that many people don't want to work, they simply want money. If they could stay at home, do nothing and get paid they would. Look at the British dole, many don't bother to find work, they simply accept the bit of money they get and do nothing more. It all goes back to how people value themselves, there are those who believe that they should receive a fair wage for a fair day's work and there are those who believe that the world owes them because their parents had the audacity to create them...

Thanks
    @Adrian. The UK dole system has changed somewhat as of late, but you can still live on it.

Part of the problem is that a "fair wage" is not the same from an employer or employee point of view.

I do agree, most people see work as a penance and I guess that comes from biblical avenues, the phrase "By the sweat of your brow, shall you earn your keep", doesn't do much for making people want to work. How nice it would be if we could all get up in the morning thinking of work as we do a holiday, with the same enthusiasm?
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    How nice it would be if we could all get up in the morning thinking of work as we do a holiday, with the same enthusiasm?
    I do now. It took me 45 years to realize that I could choose to do what I like.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    I do now. It took me 45 years to realize that I could choose to do what I like.
    I do as well. I love my job. I am grateful for it and grateful for what we can do by helping people, not only in the job sector but in the community as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    I find that a good introduction to the policies of the company can have a positive result. Example in the introduction you can explain how leave works how sick leave works as well as the conditions for UIF if they resign. The situation would have been avoided. It is very important to state clearly what the role of the employee is what your expectations are what the Procedures are. That way you can eliminate a lot of problems.
    It doesn't stop the undermining of all that effort back home, though.

"Nay - they're just telling you all that stuff so that you'll turn up to work and make them rich. Now listen, this is how you work the system....
    It's your right! And there's fokal they can do about it."

I tell you, those little birdies chirping in the ear can turn a perfectly good employee into a nightmare.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    It doesn't stop the undermining of all that effort back home, though.

"Nay - they're just telling you all that stuff so that you'll turn up to work and make them rich. Now listen, this is how you work the system....
    It's your right! And there's fokal they can do about it."

I tell you, those little birdies chirping in the ear can turn a perfectly good employee into a nightmare.
    A bit of sanity prevails.

Thanks
    That's my experience as well, one bad apple in the barrel and all of a sudden the whole dynamic of the entire workforce can change. We had this and unfortunately no amount of education or civilised duscussion and reasoning can make the blindest bit of difference.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    As with most things you get users and abusers. The abusers don't like it when people call them out. Example it is true that today you get very unnecessary systems and yet you pay a lot for there services. Mitigation can be a helpful tool but if you mitigate to much then you may end up with no control over your resources.

In all seriousness you get abusive employees and employers. This fact is as old as labour itself. So to stop abuse the employee must know there rights and restrictions. The same is true for any employer they must know what they are doing or else things can go bad very quickly. When a business allow other companies to micromanage their finances and assets then you are in real danger to lose the plot. It really is a question of control. You need control in order to keep your business alive.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A current case of labour abuse - Medupi.

And make no mistake, the whole of South Africa is paying for this one, and is going to for years to come.

You can hold any pretty theory on labour relations you like - the proof is in the eating.

10. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (24-Aug-13)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    A current case of labour abuse - Medupi.

And make no mistake, the whole of South Africa is paying for this one, and is going to for years to come.

You can hold any pretty theory on labour relations you like - the proof is in the eating.
    This is not what you think it is.... Take out the word contractor, striker, employer and employee. Forget for a moment that these people where contractors then view the video again.

lets see if you get this one
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast