Thread: Technical Designer

Suspended
    Thanks

Technical Designer

We are looking for a Technical Designer with the following qualifications:
    * Mechanical Engineering qualification
    * Hands on experience with design / engineering of pumps
    * Experience in the design and drawing of robust, high quality pumps and components
    * Design and development of systems and components
    * AUTOCAD experience
    * East Rand based engineering company

If anyone is interested and qualifies, please upload your CV on our website www.2hrs.co.za

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Do you advertise to the technicons and universities?

I come into contact with youngsters about to finish their qualifications and no place to go.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Do you advertise to the technicons and universities?

I come into contact with youngsters about to finish their qualifications and no place to go.
    Not very often Adrian, because more often than not, companies are wanting people with experience.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Maybe what they should do is to hire two of three newly qualified individuals and have them work as a team rather than one expensive individual.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Yes that is a thought Adrian, but most of the time the company wants the knowledge and experience.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    but most of the time the company wants the knowledge and experience.
    That's obviously based on your considerable experience when a company is looking to an HR recruitment company to fill a position - and shouldn't surprise anyone I guess.

I have to say though that Adrian makes a great point - or at least triggered a line of thought in my mind. If a company is not investing in the future by taking on newly qualified youngsters along the way, they're going to be scrambling to replace their skilled and experienced personnel every time one of them leaves.

But I guess that's why there is a market for recruitment companies - too many companies not making the human resource capital investments that they should

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    That's obviously based on your considerable experience when a company is looking to an HR recruitment company to fill a position - and shouldn't surprise anyone I guess.

I have to say though that Adrian makes a great point - or at least triggered a line of thought in my mind. If a company is not investing in the future by taking on newly qualified youngsters along the way, they're going to be scrambling to replace their skilled and experienced personnel every time one of them leaves.

But I guess that's why there is a market for recruitment companies - too many companies not making the human resource capital investments that they should
    Yes Dave you and Adrian are totally right. But there are lots of companies that do invest in the future. We also get involved now and again in this way whereby we refer people to companies and do not charge for them because of certain factors. And there are some people out there that will work just to get experience with minimal pay, but can see the future ahead.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I honestly think that it is more valuable to employ 3 youngsters that are eager to learn and are able to put their heads together than one experienced person. The problem is that the one experienced person may hold you to ransom, die or whatever whereas the three young people will be forced to work as a team and learn not only from the business but also from one another.

I have a lot of contact with young architects who are trying to find their way into industry. I've met some brilliant people and of course some really doff people. Taking on three of them to fill one position will certainly highlight which one to invest in in the future.

I agree with Dave, companies are very near sighted if they are looking only for experience, the problem is that technology moves so fast that even experienced people can't keep up. The guys walking out of university grew up with computers, 3D modelling, 3D rendering, CGI and all that stuff. My uncle, the 68 year old experienced architect refuses to draw using a computer.

I think that one should have a happy medium, maybe a team of one experienced person and two graduates. Each brings something unique to the table.