Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IQ Test

Thanks
    I agree with Adrian "hire for attitude and train for skill" the trick is to make sure they are trainable which is were the tests come in.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    I agree with Adrian "hire for attitude and train for skill" the trick is to make sure they are trainable which is were the tests come in.
    I also agree with IanF you need to allow for some type of training.

Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    Nope not wasting money on formal stuff. My tests are fantastic and there will be no formal inquiry . They are applying for a job !!!!

So many people think that its "discrimination" when you don't get a job, but the bottom line is you don't get the job because you CANT DO the job !
    Taking HR Solutions attitude in consideration. This is not right... Yes you do need a screening process but if you don't have a N6 qualification or a degree or a recognized system that can identify the people correctly then not only are you failing your obligation towards your customers you are willfully discriminating against the job seekers.

Now it doesn't really matter what you think discrimination is or isn't... It is what the laws of this country say it is. And IF that is indeed the case then you made your own bed.

I am going to ask a very serous question now. Do possible future employees pay you for your services when they register with your company?
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Nope not wasting money on formal stuff. My tests are fantastic and there will be no formal inquiry . They are applying for a job !!!!

So many people think that its "discrimination" when you don't get a job, but the bottom line is you don't get the job because you CANT DO the job !
    The problem is that people who CAN do the job are dumped because of some or other unrealistic metric.

Suspended
    Thanks
    tec - we have had this conversation again so I am not going to answer the "discrimination" thing, but I will answer the last question where you have again got it wrong.

No, "possible future employees" do not, will not, never have and never will pay to "register" with our company. The company that hires staff pays our fees ! I hope that answers your very serious question.
    And to further answer this question. Candidates looking for a job can upload their cv on our website (which was kindly set up by Mark of this site), if they upload their info correctly and properly, their info goes directly into our online data base whereby when our consultant look for someone to fill a position, their names, qualifications and criteria will match with theirs and they are then interviewed by us and sent forward to our client if they are suitable.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Just remember:

No person may unfairly discriminate, directly or indirectly, against an employee, in any employment policy or practice, on one or more grounds, including race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, family responsibility, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, HIV status, conscience, belief, political opinion, culture, language and birth.
    Thank you very much. I am trying to narrow down exactly what I need. Is there a test that can pick up dyslexia ??
    Now obviously from this point one must question are you or the people that you represent doing the above? Remember you do get systems dyslexic people can use to get qualified. But if you are not interested in there qualification and just in there dyslexia what exactly are you doing?
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    HR please start a thread with a generic CV that anybody can copy and fill in the blanks.

Make it one that employment agents like yourself would best like to receive that would give a job applicant the advantage over other applicants?
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Suspended
    Thanks
    deleted
    I am not going to get into another slinging match with tec !

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    deleted
    I am not going to get into another slinging match with tec !
    This is not mud slinging. Lets be clear. You started this thread and later single out dyslexia. Now I take it you hoped that this reaction will not provoke a response. Now lets be clear you always stated that I am the one looking for trouble or think that the world owes me something. Yet you go forth here and on other threads.

The reality is you do not make your intentions clear. You did not state the reasons why you need to identify this condition or what the repercussions will be. Example what will happen if they are qualified "capable" and dyslexic? Will they still get an interview yes or no. Will you still count there CV submission yes or no?

This is what you get if you are not clear of what you want and why. Simple fact don't start something slap someone in the face AND YOU DID! there is no denying you know your own intention. Don't think you can just call it mud slinging sir. no... Because then you are seriously getting on my bad side...

The way I see it you can ignore this and or give a clear statement as to your full intention otherwise people will jump to there own conclusions.

You always say we must take responsiblity. Now I am asking you to do the same. Take responsiblity
    peace is a state of mind

Suspended
    Thanks
    No problem tec.

tec if people are interested in either coming to us for a job or contacting us to look for people to work for them, they do contact me via PM. A lot of people have also uploaded their CV on our website. And for those that may be "confused" they can also PM me.
    We supply a service and have helped out thousands of people over the years. We are extremely proud of this and are also opening our Cape Town doors shortly.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    Make it one that employment agents like yourself would best like to receive that would give a job applicant the advantage over other applicants?
    Wynn to answer your question, we accept all cvs from our data base/from our website. There is no right and wrong. All we want from cv's is total honesty. If a CV is not honest, it makes our consultants jobs all that much harder when interviewing to try to find the right person for our clients ie sifting out irrelevant information etc and actually ascertaining that a person can do what they say they can do or are qualified to do. We also do crim checks, qualification checks and ITC checks, depending what our clients want, with the candidates permission of course.

A few things that are really irrelevant on CV's is, what rank you had in the army, how fast you could run 20 years ago, what scout group you belonged to etc etc etc . Its quite surprising what some people do put on their cv's.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast