Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Links in copy of website with popups - Issue

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Scratching deeper - the question is how did this get imbedded into your website pages. It's behaving like Skimlinks or Vigilinks, but it's clearly accessing the DropDownCoupons resources.

I'm seeing the In-Text Ads and I don't have the plug-in in my browser.
    Hence it's in the site somewhere.
    It's not in the page source text that I can see.
    It's got to be buried in the javascript calls, or libraries or perhaps a class definition.

Actually, it could be anywhere!

For that page you link to in post 2 above, lines 501 & 503 are external script calls.
    Or it might be bundled into the boxslider script (where'd you get the module?)
    Or..

Good luck!

Email problem
    Thanks
    Ok I have tried going through all the options said above and installed a Microsoft cleaner. Found nothing as well as in Firefox I have no extension as listed in the article.

The reason I think it is on the actual website is that I don't get the problem on any other website and surely I would if it were malware or something like that?

Email problem
    Thanks
    Thanks that's sounding about right now, I think we are on the right track. Although the developer doesn't see them so makes it a bit tricky from his side as i try to explain the issue

Thanks for the help and will post the result once we (hopefully) find the problem.

Thanks
    I don't see anything in the HTML output of the website that could cause what you're explaining, so it might be malware on the server, which is probably setup in such a way that it only target's you under certain conditions. But I seriously doubt it. Do you have access to the .htaccess file on the server? Please post the content of that file here. Website malware is generally very targeted and setup in such a way that the owner of said website won't detect it under normal conditions. But it's hard to tell without seeing the actual PHP or other code on the server

Do a google search for "website walware check" and run some of the free online tools to check your website for malware. Google webmaster tools is a good option to go with if you don't already use it.

Alternatively, something on your PC is causing this. Go through the list of installed application (Start > Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs) and see if there's anything that you don't recognize. Look for "bing bar", and any other bars with buttons on your web browser. As a test, you could install another web browser which you don't already have, like Safari / Opera / Google Chrome (if you don't use it already) and see if the symptoms are still the same.

What Internet Security suite are you using? Free Antrivirus applications generally won't pickup stuff like this, and it's recommended to use a full internet security suite, like Kaspersky Internet Security, or pick your favourite vendor.
    Get superfast South African Hosting at WebHostingZone

Email problem
    Thanks
    Thanks for your input, we are busy looking into all options at the moment, however we have realized that this is not a problem on our machines as it only happens on this particular site on the 3 different machines we have tested it on. I have also checked for any add ons that should not be there and i have nothing, also downloaded a Microsoft security checker and sowed all is clean.

I will get the .htaccess file and post it trough the course of the day. Thanks for the help.

Thanks
    Which words are highlighted?

Could you send a screenshot of the highlighted words?

I checked the URL with some online malware scanners and it didn't return any malware in the websites, so it's either something on your PC's, network firewall / proxy server, or perhaps your ISP's transparent proxy server.

http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/...in.co.za/sawc/
    http://siteinspector.comodo.com/public/reports/15946826

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Rudi - I think you checked the wrong page. The homepage doesn't seem to have a problem.

Here's a snip of the page where the word options is hit by the drop down problem:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coupondropdown.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	3724

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Rudi - I think you checked the wrong page. The homepage doesn't seem to have a problem.

Here's a snip of the page where the word options is hit by the drop down problem:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coupondropdown.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	3724
    Yes, you're right, I didn't see it.

There's some banner advertising code at the bottom of that page, in the HTML code, which is probably causing this.

Look here:

<script src="http://sg.peron.com/v1.1/js/gen.js?d=24xxxxx">
    </script>
    <script src="https://cdncache1-a.akamahd.net/loaders/1490/l.js?aoi=1311xxxxx&amp;pid=1xx0&amp;zoneid=25xxxx" >
    </script>

P.S. I delibarely changed the values in those URL's so the affiliate can't benefit from click troughs from this side, in case it was added by a cracker / script kiddie.

Those banner ad scripts are designed in such a way that it would return a different URL than the source URL, which makes them hard to find in website code.

9. Thank given for this post:

AndyD (23-Jul-13), Dave A (23-Jul-13), lance71 (23-Jul-13)

Email problem
    Thanks
    Thanks a lot for the response, we are looking into that now, its just strange the developer cant see the pop ups that I and you guys see for some reason so making it a bit difficult but have sent him your last response which will hopefully get to the bottom of this.

Thanks again

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lance71 View Post
    its just strange the developer cant see the pop ups that I and you guys see for some reason
    Indeed it is!!

Maybe time for a new developer?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast