Thread: Company Name

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Email problem
    Thanks

Company Name

So after a HUGE delay I decide to register my company name. Yes yes I know it should've been done ages ago.

I went to register and told them this is my name that I have been trading with for 4 years odd. I googled around a bit and didn't find another company with my name. So I thought awesome, what are the chances this name will get rejected. Paid R110 and gave them the one name.

2 days later I get an SMS saying, "Sadly your name choice has been rejected".

Son of a .......

So now I have to choose a new company name & inform my clients that the name has been changed, goto the bank etc etc

However, how the hell must I know which name to choose now? Every name I've thought of has been taken by someone when googled.

How do I now decide on a new name? Guidelines? If you choose 4 names and goto register it, must you just hope & pray that the damn names haven't been taken yet or that they get approved? This could take forever and cost me a fortune everytime my application gets rejected.

Can't I just do that shelf company thing where it would be something like ABC Stores 19675543 t/a Perform Computers?
    Last edited by Perform Computers; 10-Jul-13 at 04:48 PM.