Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sexual harassment at work

Thanks

Sexual harassment at work

I know a young woman who was sexually harassed by her boss for years. It went beyond all measure of depravity.
    She would not give up the job, claiming it paid too well. I tried to convince her to film him and sue. She stayed with this company for 4 years and never busted this prick. I have kinda lost touch with her, but I know she is not doing so well.
    I think the only way for a man to understand such a thing, is that it is allmost the same as a man sexually harassing you (if you are a streight man)
    I do understand the odd office sexual banter, as long as it is reciprocal and wanted, but never physical and certainly never unwanted.
    My advice to any woman who is being sexually harassed is to film it and hit the prick down.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    ages ago my friends sister had trouble with one of the men at her work
    my friend found this man at the local waterhole after a one on one chat
    he never bothered his sister again
    here fishy fishy…

Thanks
    I would have took him to meet his maker if I had the opportunity, that opportunity has passed, the world is better for it
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    I think the only way for a man to understand such a thing, is that it is allmost the same as a man sexually harassing you (if you are a streight man)
    I watched North Country the other night, and it certainly brought home the difficulties women face in standing up to sexual harassment in the workplace pretty well.

I've had to deal with two cases of sexual harassment allegations at the workplace over the years. One was resolved pretty painlessly. The other was a friggin' nightmare of a case.

Thanks
    The other side of coin would be a situation where a man is falsely accused

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    The other side of coin would be a situation where a man is falsely accused
    And then there's the edge of the coin!

Let me try to summarise the nightmare one quickly.

The lass is continuously skinnering with her co-workers she is having an affair with the guy.
    The guy is saying nothing about an office affair - all he can talk about is his girlfriend (who is known to many at the office, but is not the lass doing the skinnering).
    Then the lass claims to be pregnant and it's the guy's child, and the bastard won't have anything to do with her anymore.
    Co-workers are outraged and bring the whole sordid tale to the boss (that would be me, and it's the first I've heard about any of this).

A good place to pause and ask - if you were in my shoes, what would your next step be?

Thanks
    Take insurance policy out on Lass's life.
    Talk to the girlfriend about her potential competition.
    Wait for the girlfriend to remove the problem
    Split the proceeds from the policy.
    Have party at work for disgruntled staff.
    Everybody happy.

Seriously now.....mmmmm..........no that was my best suggestion. Nothing coming to mind.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I had a situation with a female worker making sexual suggestions to male workers. She would get really close to the men and her clothing would be well unbuttoned slightly. She wasn’t very attractive mind you...

That said she always seemed to talk dirty make suggestions. Most of the men dismissed it as “playful deviants” but then it got serious. She “targeted” a married man and it ended up him nearly losing his family. And I actually lost my work because of my knowledge that there was a “fling”
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    The lass is continuously skinnering with her co-workers she is having an affair with the guy.
    Don't know too much about this subject, but would this constitute sexual harassment? I though that if it was consentual it could not be classed as harassment? The very idea of harassment is that unwanted and inappropriated overtures are made by a worker?

I realise that it is only when things go sour that the alarm is usually raised, but if it is accepted (even welcomed ... presumably enough to get pregnant) then it was not harassment?

There is probably much more to the story - but am just asking.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Wow Dave.
    My first thought would be set a meeting with you the lass and the guy. Have a visible recording device, then ask them are they having an affair. Then you need the patience of Job and wisdom of Solomon to handle it further.
    Good luck
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast