Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flyers for marketing design/print company

Thanks
    You got it
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Research your opposition (client current website guys and their website) and research your client's competitors' and their websites and guys
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lance71 View Post
    Has anyone had a good experience from printing and distributing flyers for your design and print business?

If so where was the best place for distribution? What would be the ideal things to have on the flyer to get attention?

I am thinking of doing some flyers for my business but have heard a lot of stories of people getting absolutely no business or the wrong kind of business.

Thanks,
    Lance
    Instead of flyers, give out business cards, flyers are more likely to be ignored, but people might pay more attention to business cards.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    Research your opposition (client current website guys and their website) and research your client's competitors' and their websites and guys
    That's perfect thanks I will do and send feedback if this works, which I'm sure it will.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vieome View Post
    Instead of flyers, give out business cards, flyers are more likely to be ignored, but people might pay more attention to business cards.
    I was actually thinking of just that, it also gives you more of an opportunity to tell the potential client exactly what you do etc. Thanks for the input.

Thanks
    Lance
    Have you thought about who your ideal customer is. If it is brides for wedding invites then frilly elegant flyers handed out at a wedding expo should work. If it is corporates maybe pads of things to do with subtle branding on it. It is harder to get out there to market yourself.
    Also think of the customer you least want, and bring that in to your pitch not in a negative way rather making sure your advertising does not appeal to them. EG price shoppers don't say you are the cheapest.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    If it is brides for wedding invites then frilly elegant flyers handed out at a wedding expo should work.
    I agree with IanF perhaps print a run of gimmick wedding invitations to hand out at a 'Bridal Fare' where you are inviting the prospective brides (clients) to a marriage between them the bride and your business as the groom.
    Make it clear that if they RSVP to the invite they will get a discount.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    Lance
    Have you thought about who your ideal customer is. If it is brides for wedding invites then frilly elegant flyers handed out at a wedding expo should work. If it is corporates maybe pads of things to do with subtle branding on it. It is harder to get out there to market yourself.
    Thanks again Ian, you see the thing with my brand is the ability to do any kind of design so I would ideally like to market myself to all walks of like (which I know is near impossible) but I am keeping my branding to a generic look and feel of my company.

Saying that I think it is very valuable advice and I will most certainly start looking in that direction if I don't have a huge amount of success doing it this way.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    I agree with IanF perhaps print a run of gimmick wedding invitations to hand out at a 'Bridal Fare' where you are inviting the prospective brides (clients) to a marriage between them the bride and your business as the groom.
    Make it clear that if they RSVP to the invite they will get a discount.
    Thanks Wynn, also great advice, I think it is important to make the potential client feel as if they are going to be getting a good deal here (Also important in this day and age I think)

Email problem
    Thanks
    Has anybody thought of or gone the approach of using YouTube? I have just had a call from a friend who says he was specking to a major marketing guru who was telling him that is the way things are moving, not Facebook and Twitter etc.

Would love to hear some stories about how this works and how it may have worked for someone who tried it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast