Thread: Wordpress theme for education / online courses

Thanks

Wordpress theme for education / online courses

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping you guys could help with with a project I have on the go.

I want to create a website for education / online courses purposes. I would appreciate any recommendations is terms of Wordpress themes you might use that can integrate with South African payment gateways, namely payfast.

Thanks

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hi Jozsef,

WooThemes have recently brought out a LMS (Learning Management System) plugin that does exactly that. See here: http://www.woothemes.com/products/sensei/

It integrates with most of their themes and WooCommerce so you can sell courses. WooThemes is co-founded in South Africa, so they have some great SA-based plugins available for the system, including Payfast.

We've recently developed a site using Sensei & WooCommerce. It's in French, but if you want to see it, you can see here: http://www.webacademie.co/ (It's currently in Beta I believe, so all functionality + the look & feel might not be entirely in place)

The one issue with Sensei is that it's still a very new system, so there's a lot they haven't implemented yet and bound to be a few issues here or there. The site above required an insane amount of custom development work to get things working as the owner of the site wanted them to.

Other than that, you can't really go wrong with WooThemes. Great support, great systems, clean and user-friendly.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Atkinson View Post
    Hi Jozsef,

WooThemes have recently brought out a LMS (Learning Management System) plugin that does exactly that. See here: http://www.woothemes.com/products/sensei/

It integrates with most of their themes and WooCommerce so you can sell courses. WooThemes is co-founded in South Africa, so they have some great SA-based plugins available for the system, including Payfast.

We've recently developed a site using Sensei & WooCommerce. It's in French, but if you want to see it, you can see here: http://www.webacademie.co/ (It's currently in Beta I believe, so all functionality + the look & feel might not be entirely in place)

The one issue with Sensei is that it's still a very new system, so there's a lot they haven't implemented yet and bound to be a few issues here or there. The site above required an insane amount of custom development work to get things working as the owner of the site wanted them to.

Other than that, you can't really go wrong with WooThemes. Great support, great systems, clean and user-friendly.
    Thanks Mark for the input. Much appreciated!

So the basic structure would be:
    1-Register the domain
    2-Install wordpress
    3-Get wishlist to act as the membership plugin & payfast $97
    4-Get Sensei to as the LMS $99

My next question is with regards to step 3 and 4. Is my assumption correct is terms of the relationship and is this the ideal way to set it up. I.e. Use wishlist for members to pay and to determine which Sensei courses they have access to. Since it is basically a R2000 investment in this website I want to make sure Im going about it in the right way.

Thanks
    Did you ever complete this project?

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.