I went out and bought a Samsung S4 off Gumtree. The phone was still wrapped and unopened. The owner got the upgrade but needed the cash to buy a laptop for his son. I even got the upgrade papers. So, I am staying on pay as you go and they can keep their contracts. The only thing is that I must now get a new sim card because my big old card doesn't fit in the phone.

I also got myself a really nifty top of the line camera, it is a Canon 7D with a battery grip, 18-135mm lens, 70-300mm lens and a high end flash. The whole setup set me back about R20k. I think that one needs to have at least a postgraduate degree to make head or butt of the manual, the camera has as many features as the space shuttle. But, at least it has a fully automatic mode so I am able to take pretty pictures without doing much. Really nice toy though. Its going to take a very long time to understand everything that I can do with it. It can take 8 frames a second at 18mb which is nice for the ice skating competitions that my girls take part in.