Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New toys

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Diamond Member
    Thanks

New toys

I went out and bought a Samsung S4 off Gumtree. The phone was still wrapped and unopened. The owner got the upgrade but needed the cash to buy a laptop for his son. I even got the upgrade papers. So, I am staying on pay as you go and they can keep their contracts. The only thing is that I must now get a new sim card because my big old card doesn't fit in the phone.

I also got myself a really nifty top of the line camera, it is a Canon 7D with a battery grip, 18-135mm lens, 70-300mm lens and a high end flash. The whole setup set me back about R20k. I think that one needs to have at least a postgraduate degree to make head or butt of the manual, the camera has as many features as the space shuttle. But, at least it has a fully automatic mode so I am able to take pretty pictures without doing much. Really nice toy though. Its going to take a very long time to understand everything that I can do with it. It can take 8 frames a second at 18mb which is nice for the ice skating competitions that my girls take part in.

Thanks
    Awesome, I'm looking at getting the Samsung S4, I have never had a Samsung before so hopefully it will be user friendly
    You miss 100% of the chances you never take

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The Camera is a treat but I must still buy a macro lens. The 18-135mm can't get close enough to take good pictures of the models.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The S4 is really nice. It's going to take me a while to get used to its size...its a bit like holding a paperback novel against your head. :-)

Suspended
    Thanks
    Adrian you sound like me. I also like gadgets and also got my first I phone off gumtree. You do have to be very careful tho with gumtree. I personally don't like the Samsung 3 and now the 4 because of its size, but it does look like an awesome phone and everyone to their own. Enjoy the gadgets

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Gadgets are great but I do prefer to spend big money to get good quality equipment. I got all the paperwork for the stuff that I purchased off Gumtree.

Thanks
    Adrian
    How about a photo of one your trains with the camera and the phone, lets see if we can say which photo came from which device.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    A foursome, don't forget your wife, other wise you will be sleeping with the dogs and you don't want them licking everything

Thanks
    Second Neville Bailey in the making...

BOVER Technologies
    - computer sales and TeamViewer support
    Elmine Botha Freelance Photographer - Photographer/ Videographer

Thanks
    I had the S2, loved it. Lost it and used a shitty phone for a while. But don’t despair, I am getting my S4 on Friday...can't wait, it even has a language translator application
    I would like to see the outcome of Adrian’s test. I have seen spics from my friends S4 and they are fantastic

Samsung is killing it!
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.