Be warned if you decide to take out a contract with Telkom mobile (formally known as 8ta), beside the rest of the crap, defective iphone5, R2000 bill the first month, then the R11 000 bill the second month. I am getting to a point with this contract that I am gona be better off throwing this phone into the sea. The time I have wasted on this phone and contract I could have paid cash for a Samsung S4 and not been stuck with a R400 per month bill and I could have at least had good reception with MTN. So anyone wanting to invest in Telkom mobile (8TA) don't say you haven't been warned, especially the Telkom mix, that just takes the inconvenience to a whole new level.

I decided to take the iphone5 out for a test run today, and so the kak just gets worse.

Sitting in the middle of Pinetown, I attempted to make a call, 3 seconds into the call, the line dropped, tried to redial, no service.

This is the part that really burns my ass, with Telkom mix you get a free Telkom landline number to call, so I attempt to call this number, line drops, no service, full mtn signal appears with 3G sign, I attempt to use the phone to the free landline number again, it wont even dial out, no service again. After the 3rd attempt I get through order materials I need and dial *188# ...yip on the nail, the bundle less the duration of the call indicating it I had just paid for the call.

I don't have time to go into the whole story trying to load data, once the 350 meg was used up.

Why I didn't I just stick to MTN pay as you go.