Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEED Help From You Guys.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Trouble with FICA is that you will need an ID Document, and a Utility Bill which has your South African Residential Address on it as proof of residence.

Not too sure where you would go from here. Perhaps the best would be to contact a South African Bank and see what they would require from you to open an account here as a non-resident.
    Hopefully will figure-out something for the bank account.I have a friend who runs his business in Pretoria. Fingers crossed.
    11 Year's of Experience - Get Your Free Digital Marketing Consultant - only on TheForumSA, PM Me for details!

Silver Member
    Thanks
    one gets the idea from your website that you are London based? Not Mumbai?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flaker View Post
    one gets the idea from your website that you are London based? Not Mumbai?
    Ahhhh. My bad didn't changed that map thingy. Fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Atkinson View Post
    I'll give you one thing - your approach is a lot better than most of the other offshore SEO "experts" I've come across.

Good luck.

If you're up to it, you can PM me with a few sites that you've done SEO on. You could be useful to us if I like your work.
    Thanks Mark. I just love your site, pretty creative and right on the target. Front page rankings on Google SA, you seem to be owner of Web designing and SEO wisdom in South Africa. Its my pleasure that you offered me something which looks pretty interesting will pm you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Or register a company, rent premises and organize utilities etc. What a schlep just to have a formal local presence!

I did wonder if opening an HSBC or Citibank Rand account would face the same hurdles, but it's outside of my experience.
    Its a big big issue as of now, hopefully in few months i can do a joint venture with someone located locally, if i'm unable to get the office thingy sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Yep - I smell some talent there. There may be a fit between the two of you.
    Don't want to say what i can do etc, but yeah want to prove myself desperately. I want my customers to say this.

Thanks Everybody for your input.
    11 Year's of Experience - Get Your Free Digital Marketing Consultant - only on TheForumSA, PM Me for details!

Thanks
    I'm really thankful to all of you guys who helped me to get started in SA.

Progress so far :
    Site on the front page of Google.co.za for SEO services, affordable seo services, seo professional, affordable seo and on 2nd page for SEO Company and i can see some traffic bump already.
    Goal is to provide customer satisfaction at primary level.

Also I'm a bit worried about the leads which are contacting us, their budget is on a lower side and providing them with quality services is really challenging.

So we are restricted to very few customers already.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
    Also I'm a bit worried about the leads which are contacting us, their budget is on a lower side and providing them with quality services is really challenging.

So we are restricted to very few customers already.
    Welcome to SA business, you will find the customers who will pay a fair price but it takes time.
    I was told that if you get a customer on price alone you will lose that customer to someone who is cheaper. So keep plugging the benefits.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    I am afraid that you will find that they also have very profound and definite opinions about things they know nothing about and it just gets harder and harder. But persevere. If you can crack this market it will be a breeze getting turkeys to fly.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Despite the digital channel dominating marketing talk nowadays, it's far from dominating the typical marketing budget. Take a look at this Key Findings From U.S. Digital Marketing Spending Survey, 2013 report which implies 25% of marketing spend is going into digital.

Here in South Africa the figure is closer to 2% according to this article, although another study that analysed total marketing spend in SA for 2012 (and for the life of me I can't find this one on the web) put the digital channel spend at approximately R500 million, or 0.53% of the total marketing spend in SA.

Then to slice the cake up even further you also need to consider the split of spending across the various digital channels. Again, I could not quickly find an S.A. breakdown, but to give some idea of where the money is going, here is the US one:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	digital-channel-split.png 
Views:	170 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	3807

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.