Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't think you are safe when you stop at a petrol ststion

Thanks

Don't think you are safe when you stop at a petrol ststion

Take not of how the petrol attendant blocks the drivers view from what is happening behind him untill the robbers are almost on top of him.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=5T1IHHMpYUA

Thanks
    wow... Shocking

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Stop whining on social networks and do something about it. It is time to start fighting back, just make sure that the people cleaning u the mess are trained and masked, so that they cannot be identified.

Thanks
    Ian how do you fight back?
    If you pump him full of lead you go to jail.
    The reason why I am posting this is to show people their modus operandi & hopefully an early detection can prevent someone else being in the same situation.

I VOTE FOR BRINGING THE TEXAS LAWS TO SOUTH AFRICA.

5. Thanks given for this post:

Didditmiself (22-Jun-13)

Thanks
    I don't think Hermes is whining. He was just pointing out what happened at a service station. Are you in a bad mood Ians or what? In any case what can the guy do about it? All that one can do is take precautions. Don't fill up (late) at night unless you have to. If it can wait until tomorrow, it's better. Hijacks have happened late at night as soon as the tank is full. Be aware of what is going on around you. Don't have your wallet/cash in full view while waiting for the tank to be filled. Keep your windows closed until you have to pay. Most service stations have portable card machines so you don't even have to get out of the car. Check your own oil, battery and tyres at home. Maybe there are other precautions that can be taken to minimise the possibility of incidents like the one in the video. Any other suggestions Ians?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes14 View Post
    I VOTE FOR BRINGING THE TEXAS LAWS TO SOUTH AFRICA.
    Are you for real? Texas has got some of the most rediculous laws ever written, robbing a motorist in Texas is perfectly legal as long as you inform them in advance in writing..

Thanks
    Seems to me from the stations cameras - the robbers could be identified....

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Most Saffies that move around are street wise. Be aware of your surroundings, avoid certain areas at certain times, watch who is in front or behind you etc etc.

Something I have noticed is never to loiter. When you walk, walk fast and with a purpose. Whether you are walking or driving, the slower movers are the targets, because it is easier to catch up with them and to predict their next move. They are easier to be cut off and mugged in a quiet spot.

Never trust anyone on the streets!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Why don't you just lock yourself in a little metal box and hope nobody tries to steel the box to sell for scrap metal, because that is where we are heading in this country, until we start doing something about these friendlies turning people into cowards, who hide away at night too scared to go fill up with petrol, in case you get robbed in fact you cant even go to your local tea room to buy the newspaper anymore. A person who went every morning to get the newspaper was gunned down in cold blood then driven over by his own vehicle as they left

Another problem arising, even if you shoot a friendly with a paintball gun, they charge you with assault GBH, so as I have said before, if you do patrols in your area make sure you cover your face and don't drive around with your number plate displayed or in vehicle that everyone can identify. Wearing a hoodie is also a good idea, then they cant identify if you are one of them or not, you need to fight fire with fire. I just laugh at modern armed responses, 1 armed guard against 8 heavily armed men , the odds just don't seem right. As the notification come through, you read " 4 heavily armed B/M in a silver VW just hijacked a blue Toyota, 20 minutes later, armed robbery in a house, 4 B/M in a blue Toyota" They are making our police force look like a bunch morons.

"Special task team is setup and deployed to address crime in Hillcrest, goes quiet for 2 weeks, get the local paper on Wednesday, Crime out of control in hillcrest again. Headlines women is stabbed in her yard, the next 3 pages just crime, crime and more crime.

Interview with hijacker, " we are more scared of the sangoma than the police, that's why we don't hijack in the townships"

" I am not scared of anyone even if they have a gun" why because of the element of surprise.

Most hijackings and armed robberies in peoples houses are done by people who don't even produce a firearm, yeah right, my neighbours was robbed by a gang of 4 at 11 am in the morning at his house, if I had driven past I wouldn't have even know he was being hijacked, at no point during the entire ordeal did anyone of them produce a firearm or even raise their voices, they spoke English like well educated people, dressed in smart clothing and drove a new BMW.

The lady who worked for me, had a similar incident, they arrived at her house, looked like a team of consultants working on a project, clip boards, smartly dressed, well spoken in a late model fancy car. knocked on the door to ask a question, had some entertainment with her daughter then left with the valuables.

My question is how long are we going to allow this to happen, are we just going to let these people abuse our families and terrorise us to a point that you cant even go to a social event in the evening for dinner, to your local spar, your kids 21 birthday, without being made to lie on the ground and stripped of your belongings and maybe your car and if you lucky they wont man handle or rape your wife and daughter.

How does that ad go for the newspaper, " WAKE UP PEOPLE" the rainbow nation is just part of a fairy tale.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    Are you for real? Texas has got some of the most rediculous laws ever written, robbing a motorist in Texas is perfectly legal as long as you inform them in advance in writing..
    Okay I haven't heard of that one.
    What I heard is that if you catch someone breaking into your car or your house you can politely turn him into a very holey person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast