Hi,

Forgive me for this long lengthly post, but I'm at my wits end with New Tech International.

Last year I was contacted by them for what implied as free toners, so I accepted the offer, only to receive a bill when the toner was delivered in September 2012.

I sent them a fax stating that the toner was no longer required and will be returned however, a "Mr. Nel" from Newtech, did not accept my letter, got quite rude and I eventually gave in to the back and forth banter, and made payment.

This year I received an invoice with stock, for another two toners (16/01/2013) - not requested, not ordered. Upon querying, I was told it was the rest of the order. I said I did not order three, and was not ever told about three, to which I was told that there was such a demand for the toners, they could not supply to all clients so they sent one to each, and they had now received stock and were replenishing the original order. I told them I had not requested three or was not informed at anytime that there were three. Did I pay for three toners with my payment of R1600-00? No, that was only for one toner.

I was then told that I had placed the order and I had to take the stock. I said I had no need for it, but they insisted, actually getting quite "demanding". On a different day Chantelle phoned me for payment, and I again explained not require them. I spoke to Victor, who told me I could return one of the toners (out of the three), and they would thereafter close my account after I made a payment for the other toner. They would give me 30 to 60days to do so. I felt perhaps that all in all I had made the mistake and misunderstood them, but its becoming clear that I was "fooled" into thinking so.

I phoned them to discuss further, and had to leave a message for someone to call me back, and I am still waiting for that to happen. I returned both toners to them, keeping one which I had paid for - only to have one sent back to me, and being called agan by Chantal about payment due.
Ive received a statement showing a balance b/f in March of R3189.72. Then a credit on 5th April of R3189.72. (?) Then an invoice on 9th April for R 1594.86....

I have emailed thenct.org.za; the dti Customer Contact Centre; and ECR Consumerwatch, and the National Consumer Commission - I phoned the NCC 0860266786 'not available'. I have phoned 0219404450 / 4500 where I held on for 48 minutes between the two. I have sent a fax to the Durban office 0313105416 (0861515259 mailbox is full). I even submitted the story to Carte Blanche.

I have found many complaints about this company on hellopeter (http://hellopeter.com/new-tech-inter...and-complaints) and also seen stories on Carte Blanche Extras (about similar companies doing this type of "selling" - http://beta.mnet.co.za/carteblanche/...=4303&Showid=5.)

The reason I post it here is I just dont know what else to do, with all the numbers and email addresses I have contacted, and still no response from anyone. I am in touch with a lawyer, but it is just going to cost so much.

I am at a point now where fine I will pay it, but looking at the other complaints - they will just send more toners, and more invoices and harrass for more payments.