Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WARNING TELKOM MIX

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've been pretty happy with my Telkom ADSL until very, very recently.

There's been a change in the way they assign IP's, and it's causing major problems when it comes to sending emails.
    In brief, in the past your IP address changed every 24 hours - but for that 24 hours it was pretty much yours.
    Now you are assigned an IP address which stays the same, and a port number which changes every 24 hours.
    This IP is shared with 1000's of other ADSL customers.
    When spam filters are triggered, they list and effectively block the source IP address.
    So a single errant ADSL customer will affect the email deliverability of 1000's of other people.
    Best of all, when I contact Telkomsa to enquire about what they are doing or what I can do about the issue, they are... Well, I start to feel like Ians - frustrated as all hell.
    It is a screw-up of monumental proportions, and you simply can't get any answers.

7 out of 7 times I've called, it has ended with the operator disconnecting the call.
    And it's not that I've been rude. On the contrary, I've been polite, but firm.

"Please tell me what you're doing about this problem."
    "Please hold" *Disconnect signal commences*

2. Thanks given for this post:

Chrisjan B (18-Jul-13)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    That the problem Dave, I don't think they have the answers.

That's why the Telkom ad on TV in the boardroom is actually false advertising, but I am sure they know that but also know nobody would dare challenge them.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    So, do we have an alternative for Telkom ADSL?
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Lately I have experienced a service suspension where if I am on the internet and finish with a page I notice there is no connection, if I try dial out on the phone there is no dial tone (please note it is not a 'no payment' disconnection)

I discovered a short cut for this just enter your phone number and SMS it to 30591, I get a reply SMS asking me to reply with a number from 1 to 3 saying what is wrong, reply and you recieve a further SMS telling you they are looking into it and will send you a reference number for your complaint, within five minutes you have your reference number and hey presto no frustration.

I have found they restore my service within 10 minutes, I am sure that Dave A is still fuming on the phone waiting for an operator to answer by the time my service is resumed.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I would have suggested MTN 3 G, but since Telkom mobile (8ta) has been piggy backing MTN their network is also falling through their ass.

So now we are screwed because, Vodacom has a whole lot of piggy backers and now MTN the same problems. They have us hooked and now we screwed.

People always ask about get rich quick schemes, I don't even think cellphone companies could be regarded as a get rich quick scheme, they are at a higher level, out there with banks.

There was another phone company which has been destroying the electrical and water infrastructure throughout the country and still no ready.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12