Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Lyoness a scam?

Thanks

Is Lyoness a scam?

I searched the forum, but no hits, so I take it that they were not discussed before.

When you Google Lyoness, "scam" is under the top 3 results. When looking at the 'scam' article, it does not say anything about scam and it seems like a way to attract attention.

It sounds to me that the whole loyalty thing is based on networking and finding new entrants, kind of like Amway. Does anyone have more first hand info? Pressure is put on me to attend a meeting tomorrow and I do not feel like wasting my time. I am currently very busy with a building project.

I have experience of Amway and know I am not into finding new clients all the time.
    ~Expenses will eat you alive! - My first Boss~

Thanks
    Hello Peter.

Apparently Dischem came online today. Anybody that knows about it?

During a recent visit to Cape Town, I was invited by friends to a Lyoness presentation [URL Removed] The prospects sounded good and I decided to join, which was cost-free.

The reality is less than what was presented.

I ordered flyers in order to subscribe new members and I ordered a Pick & Pay voucher (total R800.00) to shop through Lyoness. The voucher is necessary since very few stores support Lyoness at present.

However, the items cannot be delivered to my address in Kroonstad because Lyoness uses a courier company that does not cover the whole of South Africa. And the Post Office is on strike at the Wits sorting center so nothing can be posted to me.

I did purchase a Pick & Pay gift voucher as instructed by Mphile at the Lyoness office and forwarded the number thereof.

But still nothing.

I am badly disappointed by the rosy sales presentation of Lyoness and the very opposite reality once registered. Let this be a warning to other prospective members. Using a courier company with national coverage is surely not rocket science?

Thanks
    A family member was approached to sign up for this - R3000 'investment' and then add to your network for a share of the loyalty income generated from the use of loyalty cards (basically). I looked up Lyoness too and it doesn't have good press in, say, Austria ... What gives?

Thanks
    I was not even told about the 'investment'. Suppose that comes out in the meeting.

Thanks
    Personal opinion....I would steer away from any "get rich quick" scheme......

Thanks
    Hi
    I have looked pretty deep into this and concluded that the shopping portion, although legitimate, is pretty poor when compared to normal store discount/ loyalty cards. The shopping however is not where the money is made - this is generated from their "premium member" signups which sells for at least R20,000. This back end is a clear and deliberate ponzi/ pyramid scheme and is very well explained in this detailed analysis.

http://behindmlm.com/companies/lyone...#comment-76424
    AND
    http://behindmlm.com/companies/lyone...-ponzi-scheme/

Woolworths is seems will no longer deal with them.

Thanks
    I have to concur mvubu...I went to one of their intro's......hmmm suspect. Yup the shopping portion seems ok

Thanks
    and there goes Pick N Pay too..... only be able to go and shop at Pick n Pay, through Lyoness until 15 September 2013.

Thanks

Lyoness Scam Review

One thing that is great about Google is that it WILL find what you are asking it to find

e.g. Microsoft scam or ABSA scam will find scam stories about the relevant topic

We as humans also tend to always look for and thrive on the negative!

Here is an interesting website www.lyonessscamreview.info to give what I think is a balanced view of this company

YES I AM a member of Lyoness and welcome any questions which I will do my best to answer!

Thanks
    Is that your attempt at a defense? I heard the same pathetic attempt at the song and dance show and read it in the sales printout.

Lyoness launched on the back of the great names in SA retail... lets see what has happened..

Pick n Pay vetted - proven lie, no longer doing any business with Lyoness
    Woolworths - vetted our program = proven lie - no longer doing business with Lyoness
    Edgars - vetted our program =proven lie no longer doing business with Lyoness
    Dischem - vetted our program = proven lie - no longer doing business

Every single reputable store was duped into trading with Lyoness. The secondary motive was never disclosed, yet the moment the pyramid scheme was exposed, they ALL kicked out out.

If you have made any money out of this and have sold "business opportunities and board positions" to ANYONE underyou... you are part of a pyramid scheme and I hope you get what will eventually come your way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast