Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: standard bank

Diamond Member
    Thanks

standard bank

So anyone know what standard bank is up to I have just received an email form them indicating they have so exciting news for me and I must watch this space, "something big is coming" from my past experiences with Standard bank it can only mean more money I have to pay.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Maybe a big account?

I have always been waiting for my ship to come in, but every time it lands, its just more visitors. Brace yourself!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I know the feeling, just finished closing the books, I see my ship has also landed on more than one occasion but the pirates seem to hijack it every time and there are still a few ships which have never left the other port, gona have to use some battleships to help them along

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    One thing for sure is Standard bank sure knows how to make money out of us.

My mate had R50 k removed from his account about 6 months ago, their response it is still under investigation, there fore they cannot refund it until the investigation is completed. How does it take them to determine where the money went. With Fica and all the kak that we have to fill in to open a bank account surely it cant be that difficult.

My wife has an agreement with them to settle her credit card account, 3 instalments and it is done. Today her salary is put into her cheque account and an amount is removed which they have indicated is a mistake but will refund it, when they have investigated why it was removed. They need to check all their emails to verify the agreement. If there is one person you don't want to "steal" money from, her job is to make sure all the t are crossed and I dotted.

The problem is Standard have stolen the money from her account and I am sure many other peoples accounts, it is like me walking past the till at a shop and saying I will take R5000 and give it back once I know it is not mine as ridiculous as it sounds and get away with it. It would be interesting to know a realistic figue of how much Standard bank steal from their customers on a daily basis and get away with it or just put it back after making millions in interest.

I get a feeling that what this 3 days waiting period is all about when transferring between accounts, loads of interest generated by the banks for themselves, or am I way off the mark?

Thanks
    No you are right on the money....sorry mark.

They are thieves of note, dipping into our accounts and extracting their charges whenever they want to without even a by your leave.
    They can track the money quiet easily but would then have to admit that they did not look after your assets.
    Perhaps Standard needed cash to pay off some triad operation in their Chinese dealings.
    Snivelling Poltroons.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    Standard Bank's ATM's in KZN have to be amongst the worst on the planet.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Been a client of Standard Banks for 30 years and planning on switching. Having terrible service. 4 weeks after lightning damage at home items still not replaced even after escalation and a whole host of other problems.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Singhms View Post
    Been a client of Standard Banks for 30 years and planning on switching. Having terrible service. 4 weeks after lightning damage at home items still not replaced even after escalation and a whole host of other problems.
    You are mixing up insurance with the bank it seems. A bank is not an insurance. They are just agents for an insurance.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    I get a feeling that what this 3 days waiting period is all about when transferring between accounts, loads of interest generated by the banks for themselves, or am I way off the mark?
    That is what I thought ages ago too. Transfers usually take effectively one business day. It might take longer to reflect, but once it does its backdated so you are getting the interest.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Reading the OP -

Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    So anyone know what standard bank is up to I have just received an email form them indicating they have so exciting news for me and I must watch this space, "something big is coming" from my past experiences with Standard bank it can only mean more money I have to pay.
    Can anyone remember what that "something big" might have been?
    (Because I can't just at the moment)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast