Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R100 000 Business idea

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Email problem
    Thanks

R100 000 Business idea

Im a 22 year old student who wants to open a chair and tent rental business, my startup will be R100 000 to buy everything. Can i ganerate good revenue in this business or is there another business that has good income worth R100 000 Please help

Thanks
    Hi Cyazee,

Welcome to TFSA

In my opinion your business idea is sound as there is always a need for such facilities on small and large scales. I think you need to spend time identifying your target markets first and how best to reach them in terms of advertising. I also think that you need to establish if you want to offer your service nationally or to a very specific geographic area.
    Demand : Yes i.e. parties, functions, funerals, weddings and the list goes on.
    If you already have your capital, don’t be hasty to start spending merely to get things rolling, do some research first.
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Email problem
    Thanks
    Thank you ' I appreciate your help as i want to move back home and start the business there.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    This is quite a lucrative market; weddings, funerals, parties, political rallies, sports days, festive occasions etc. You are right Vieome, there is much room for ad-ons and additional services.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    If you have never done this before try and get "job" in a similar company for a few months. Even at a low salary then try and learn the trade there eg insurance customer theft deposits breakages tent erection etc. A business always looks easy from the outside so insider knowledge helps.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

6. Thank given for this post:

Blurock (04-Jun-13), Citizen X (03-Jun-13), Dave A (03-Jun-13)

Email problem
    Thanks
    Ian Franks thank you that i will do since i want to open the business next year.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyazee View Post
    Ian Franks thank you that i will do since i want to open the business next year.
    You know Cyazee, I haven't met you in person, but the splendid attitude you’ve demonstrated thus far informs me that you are going to be a very successful businessman! You willing to listen and learn! I’m by no means suggesting that many of us won’t learn from you, I’m confident I’ll learn many things from you on our journey here, but you’ve heard what Ian Franks had to say and you willing to put into practice the advice which he has given you so you will save time and money and get the knowledge you need.Ian Franks idea is actually brilliant! The rationale you don’t really want to or need to work for that individual as the ‘laborer,’ but you do need the knowledge and the skills, you also do have the capital which you don’t mention to the prospective employer, you simply market yourself as someone looking for the job. In doing so, you learn all the tricks of that trade and get to leave when you feel your internship is done
    “I love it when a plan comes together!”
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanash Naick View Post
    The rationale you don’t really want to or need to work for that individual as the ‘laborer,’ but you do need the knowledge and the skills, you also do have the capital which you don’t mention to the prospective employer, you simply market yourself as someone looking for the job. In doing so, you learn all the tricks of that trade and get to leave when you feel your internship is done
    This is known as apprenticeship, our Education department abolished this because it supposedly was demeaning to the learners. How else is one to learn a trade, by reading a book?

Apprenticeship to me is one of the best vehicles to learn, you learn by observing a master at his craft, and if you are one of the few, the master helps you learn your craft.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Make sure you have the right contacts in the right circles, there are many "functions".

Suspended
    Thanks
    Cyazee go for it. Admiration to any young person that is willing to go out there and Do It ! There are too many people out there that want money but are not prepared to work for it. But if I can give you any advise, do your homework properly, do a feasibility study, do some marketing and get those clients and make sure that you supply a good service. A happy customer will always come back, even if it takes a while. They will remember you, some will lose your no and other will keep your name on the fridge and tell their friends about you. They are your word of mouth customers which would be invaluable in your business.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast