Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R100 000 Business idea

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I am glad to see that you are not just spending the money on any idea and that you are doing some research before taking the plunge to start your own business. As IanF has indicated, there are many pitfalls and one has to first learn the "tricks of the trade" to be successful.

More important than money is the passion. If you have a passion for events management and hiring, you will be successful. If you do not want to be occupied by this business over weekends and festive days while your friends are having fun, then rather stay away. Remember that when you start a business you have to work in it and on it all the time, you can not leave it to 3rd parties to manage it for you.

Follow Ian's advice and try it out first. If you still like it, including the hours, the complaints, problems and complements and money, then go for it in a big way. R100, 000 may not be enough, but with that kind of deposit you can apply for assistance from SEDA to start your own business.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyazee View Post
    Im a 22 year old student who wants to open a chair and tent rental business, my startup will be R100 000 to buy everything. Can i ganerate good revenue in this business or is there another business that has good income worth R100 000 Please help
    Just to throw a few ideas on this. Not sure on the market for chair and tent rental, but other ideas you could put into this, is that if people want to rent such they might also be looking to rent things like plates cup etc for parties.

Also you could go further and say you renting to someone throwing a kids party, and rent chairs and tents and extra themes items for party. i.e kid is having a spiderman party, so part of your rental would be table covers, jumping castle , etc.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    This is quite a lucrative market; weddings, funerals, parties, political rallies, sports days, festive occasions etc. You are right Vieome, there is much room for ad-ons and additional services.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12