Thread: Financial Yearend on Pastel Partner

Thanks

Financial Yearend on Pastel Partner

Hi

I am new to Pastel Partner ,I would appreciate it very much if somebody on the Forum could advise me on how to check whether the Financial Yearend has been run.

If the yearend has been run ,can I put prior adjustment using the General Journal and post in last year. Would this update the current year balances .

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

regards

Alan

Thanks
    this really depends on whether the year-end was performed properly. Which boils down to giving the company's a year-end post-fix e.g if the year-end is 2013, then add this to the end of a 4 letter code for your company. Your also need to determine whether 1. you chose to create a new company or not 2. to run the year-end in the new company. If you chose not to create a new company a new folder will not be opened in your C:/Pastel folder. Also the Trial balance; B/sheet ; income stmnt supplier&customer age analysis and detailed ledger for the "closing year" should have been printed.

If naming conventions were not used you will have to search the C:/Pastel folder for the company. If you find the company and non of the above was done, check the Income statement for the "new year" it should be all zero's cause this is part of the year-end process and the balance sheet at the end of last year should be the same as the balance sheet of the new-year.

If the yearend has been run ,can I put prior adjustment using the General Journal and post in last year. Would this update the current year balances .
    Yes, in the process journal option, then go to bottom of the window, choose settings tab and then untick the "process in this year"

Thanks
    I suppose that the easiest way to see if the year end was run is to go to "setup" and check the "periods". If they are for 2013/14 then the year-end was run.

Whether it was done properly is a different question.

As Elijah has said - you can do journals in the new year. After you have unticked "Process in this year" you can make your adjustments for the last day of the previous year.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

4. Thanks given for this post:

Elijah (28-May-13)