Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Behemoth Marketing: What type of marketing catches your eye?

Email problem
    Thanks

Talking Behemoth Marketing: What type of marketing catches your eye?

Hi guys,

We are a new marketing company in Pretoria, if you guys have any marketing needs don't hesitate to ask but this is not why we are posting. We would like to know: What form of Marketing really catches you as an individuals eye and left an impression. Any add is relevant. This is just for fun so go crazy!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I resent being called an individual's eye

Email problem
    Thanks
    Let me rephrase then, "What form of Marketing really caught your eye, and left a big enough impression so that you were reminded of it in the future." If you don't feel like commenting from an individual perspective, then we welcome you to comment from a groups perspective

Suspended
    Thanks
    Sorry for my ignorance about this kind of matter. However, I just want to have some clarification what are the best marketing types today that can gained some attention to other people.

Thanks
    I really love that washable paint advert where the father gives his son's school experimental volcano some 'oomph' and covers themselves and the walls with orange stain!
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I enjoy the Land Rover Advert, where the couple bring in their cloths in at a dry cleaner after spending time in the wild.

I hate the Cell C adverts where they try and make it a news bulletin
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

7. Thanks given for this post:

wynn (29-May-13)

Email problem
    Thanks
    I think the Cell C ad worked as a single ad, but not as an ad campaign. It impressed me the first time as I also thought the first add was edited better than the second.

The clothes add from Land Rover I also think is amazing. Its so simple yet says everything you need to know about a Land Rover at the same time. Makes life look exciting when owning a Land Rover.

The science project add is also another good add that really showcases the product that they are trying to sell and they used a good sense of comedy to carry the message through to the viewer.

If you guys could shoot an add for any product:

1. How would you want the add to look like?

2. What would be the story line?

3. What would you try to achieve through this?

This is just for fun, to get your brain thinking in a creative way. So don't feel pressured!

Email problem
    Thanks
    To Rusty,

I would say Viral Marketing is a way of marketing your product the quickest and the cheapest, by this I mean youtube. People have different styles of Viral Marketing as well as some choose to go with a trending style at the moment which I like to call guerrilla marketing. This consists surprising the public with what they dare to do in the add, for example like U2 that shot their music video on a roof and attracted a crowd and then had to get police for crowd control and they were told to stop as it is disrupting the peace. It made a big impression and left a lot of people being reminded of it even years after it happened.

Social Media has also transformed the way Marketing is approached as target market no matter what the demographic will see it one way or the other.

Your message should be simple and catchy and make a lasting impression. It all depends on the product and how versatile it is.

Hope that helps with the question you asked.

Thanks
    I received an email from one of my clients offering free laptops from Ericsson if you just send the email on to 20 friends and cc the person at Ericsson.
    I didn't see any harm in it so I sent it on, hope it is not a fraud?

imagine how viral that will go
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I love the two Allan Gray ads. The one where the little boy defends the little girl because he knows that if he waits long enough then she will grow up to be as beautiful as her mother. And the other where the girl blows on her thumb to make time pass quicly but stops her daughter from doing the same. These ads actually say very little about the product or company per se (other than you need to plan for the long haul) but they are captivating stories that linger in the mind.

Bausch & Lomb's punchline many years ago "We can't change the way the world looks but we can change the way you see it"

And of course the one where the guy throws the sweet into the fan and everybody gets covered in syrup (What makes the ad nice is their nonchalant faces)

I absolutely hate the Castle light ad where they have a 70's band playing a tune and then they open the beers and a real k@k American gangbang rapcrap crowd destroys the song. Even my 14 year old daughter thinks it sucks. The message for me is drink Castle Light and listen to k@k music.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast