Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Age an issue?

Thanks
    I know when I speak about the age thing, I am somewhat biased, at 53 I find that I can't do what I did at 23, but I won't stop trying. My wife often tells me to slow down and take a break, I tell her I'll rest when I'm dead. She replies, "At the rate you're going, that might be sooner than you think", but she does understand that I am driven by passion, and that's got to be a good motivator (if it can get a lazy-ass like me off my butt)

I love educating youngsters, preparing them to take over, but before I begin any education, I want to see the passion...
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    But in the same aspect the knowledge that age brings in other jobs is invaluable and we would be silly not to benefit from this.
    Imagine! you can advertise 75 years of experience.
    I bet even your old boss can't say that?
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    @wynn-You must be kidding
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave S View Post
    Don't you also find that these older guys display a true passion for their jobs? It is something that I miss seeing in my newer staff, they just don't seem to be passionate about their tasks/jobs/skills, etc.
    Dave S I understand you and HR are very successful people. You are blessed and I hope you continue to be blessed and it is my hope that your children grandchildren will continue to be highly fortunate and in all honesty I hope that for generations to come that they will know fortune and success.

I am trying to find words... I am looking for a way to explain to you what some of these young people have to go trough. But I think you need to see for yourself... I say this because you will never understand until you see it for yourself.

I understand you do get bad people... I understand you do get lazy people... But that is not all you get
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    I understand you do get bad people... I understand you do get lazy people... But that is not all you get
    That's exactly what I mean, there are "good" folks and "bad" folks across all age groups. The good folks are the ones that will roll up their sleeves and get dirty, and accept what they earn from it. The bad folks want to see what they will earn first and will only get their hands as dirty as they consider fitting to their earnings. Understanding that some folks do earn way below their worth, while others earn way above it, is just the unfairness of life in general.

It may surprise you to know that I am not "a big success" in the general scheme of things, but I am contented with who I am, and I guess, that makes me a success. I have worked for a wage of R7.50/week (it was back in the 70's) and never requested an increase, I have never said a task was too big or stated that "it can't be done". That is the measure of myself and the day I lose the passion to continue, well let's just say, I haven't got there yet...

Thank you for your good wishes, I return the same wishes for you in kind.
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus

Suspended
    Thanks
    I am trying to find words... I am looking for a way to explain to you what some of these young people have to go trough. But I think you need to see for yourself... I say this because you will never understand until you see it for yourself.
    I hear you what you are trying to say, but I really don't want to start this up again. Just remember also what Adrian said on another post. In our business you can see the young people that come for an interview. You can see the ones that WANT to work and you can also see the ones that DONT want to work !! We can also see the people that have had hard times and those that pretend that they have had hard times. I don't know if you read one of the other threads where I explained what we did for a girl that had saved up all her savings to study, her father then died and she came to us for a job, because she could not study any further because her savings was gone. We dropped everything in our office for her and place her within a couple of hours with NO placement fee. This is something you have to do for your community every now and again. You need to reach out and help people, but we will NOT help people that will not help themselves first.

To get back to the age issue. We need to use older people in certain jobs. Their knowledge is needed. But in the same aspect the new generation does bring in new fresh ideas. I personal love working with younger people. It keeps my mind fresh and "young"

I firmly believe that if you give out positive vibes into the universe, then positive vibes will return.
    If you are negative about everything, then what do you expect ? Not much hey ..... ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12