Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crime

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Crime

People are getting nervous, so security companies are getting rich, well and the electrical industry, because people want more security lighting, higher fences, more sensors, etc,etc,etc.

They climb the fences

they walk in broad daylight in plain view of cameras

they don't fear your security company

they don't fear the police in fact in the last incident, where they were caught they request that we call the police, out of fear that we might do something to them,

they wait for you when you leave or arrive home, so you open the gate.

they break down the doors to get in

they kill your animals

they terrorise your family

they take what they want

it is time to take our freedom back at whatever cost,

this is no longer a race issue, we are all in this together, everyone is being affected by the crime, it is time to clean up the mess at whatever cost, and make this place a safer place to live.

Yes I can take my stuff and go to another country, where we will be safer but why should we have to leave our home.

Don't let anyone fool you it is not safer in other parts of the world, when you take into account SA violence is rated just below a worn torn country and when you take into account where we are rated for genocides(http://www.genocidewatch.org/southafrica.html) anywhere is safer than here right now. You cant even keep your family safe in your own home anymore. Mot only the farmers and their families are being hacked to death in their homes. People are being executed in front of their families right next door to you.

The joke is we have the means and the technology just not the will right now, but as they are putting fear into normal people of this country so the people are starting to get nervous and as it affects more and more people so the people are going to say enough is enough, lets hope we don't leave it too late.

Thanks
    I second you Ians. When a criminal has nothing to lose, he will do whatever it takes, even if he ends up dead. To his mind he will still be better-off. So he doesn't care about the destruction he leaves in his wake.
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus

Thanks
    Bad man in the yard? .... get a dog
    My rule with the dogs are to have them running about freely until we go to bed, then dogs inside. The dogs can jump out a house window if they want to. I have 2 Jack Russell Terriers (M/F). They provide me in house and full garden security alarm with some offensive ability.
    Some months back I was channel surfing in the lounge at round 11pm. Both dogs were sitting with me. Suddenly they started barking and ran for the open window. I jumped up, and at that exact time my side house security light went on, I rushed forward and through the window I saw the 2 gentleman run right past my face...with my dogs chasing...by the time I could sound the general alarm, they were gone over the wall and down the street. This is the first time in PMB that my security has been compromised in such a manner.
    If it were not for my dogs they could have stolen something. Even worse they could had hid somewhere, even wait till morning then ambush us. But sorry bra, 2 Terriers. They patrol day and night.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    I'm a firm believer in the Terriers, I have two Jack Rascal Terrorists myself, and likewise, they are free to roam the yard and they sleep inside. We have a "Doggy Door" on the front so they can get in/out at will.

Quite a while ago my neighbours son was attacked by my previous Fox Terrorist as he tried to get in through the "Doggy Door" to see my son, fortunately no damage, his mother scolded him for not having rung the door bell! The Terriers have "big balls" and will take on anything that threatens their territory.
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus

Thanks
    "Jack the Ripper" I call him, He has murdered about 4 chickens, they have learned not to come over anymore, not entirely a bad thing. A mole, the odd bird now and then. I hide most of the homicides from my wife...
    He is very friendly, but will bark to alarm. JoJo is very similar but without the hectic terrier killer instinct, I can get her to hunt a rat if I need to though.
    If somebody touches the gate or wall they go Apeshit! ..then friendly and fine....
    They know when there is trouble, very clever, I can get them to attack if at will, but never need to they know what is cutting
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Here is a thought of mine for us all to ponder.

Firstly we all hear how the points system is going to be used for drivers licences. Currently this is an effective form of deterrent in the UK. In the middle eastern countires they believe in an eye for an eye.
    How about this for a system that will solve all problems.
    We start off with 20 points each. As you rise up the ranks into justice, politics etc you get less points. Lets say 10 points.
    If you commit a mistermeanor then yuou loose one point. If you commit another misdemeanour then you loose two points. Total, three lost. If you commit another mistermeanour then you loose four points, total seven lost.
    When you get to 20 you are declared unfit to be on this planet and of no use to humanity and you are taken straight outside, placed on a wall and shot.
    Its simple, its saves more than R8000.00 per prisoner per month. Eventaully there will only be people who want to add value to society. Not take and destroy it.
    Anyone in position of power, i.e. justice and politics for example gets 10 points cause they cant use the excuse that they didnt know. They know better than the rest so therefore they get there quicker.
    Would stop the gravy train in its tracks. If the judge lets the politition get away with it and he was caught, its 10 points.
    In no time at all employment would be good, cause you wont be able to steal for fear of death. Rape gone, murder gone, both with maximum penalties.
    The more i write here the more i like this idea.

7. Thanks given for this post:

ians (11-May-13)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    It is like drawing a line, in my life I have certain parameters which I regard as "drawing the line", what I would regard as acceptable.

For example when it comes to drugs, I might smoke a bit of weed but that is where I draw the line, no other forms of drugs for me.

When it comes to crime, where do you draw the line, at what point do you say enough is enough, it is not longer acceptable,

When they steal the neighbours motor vehicle?

When they come onto your property and break into your motor vehicle?

When they actually take the vehicle?

When they break into your house and clean you out while you sit in your shower with your family terrified of what they might do if they break through the passage door? (this is where I draw the line, and will do what ever it takes to protect my family and will be regarded as crossing the line and the general law of the land no longer applies to my situation)

When they break through the door and hold a gun to your children and start pushing you and your family around?

When they are raping your wife?

When they finished raping your wife and start with your daughters?

or is it when they turn you over and start raping you ( this has become another reality in this country)

Everyone has a line, how far are you going to allow them to go and what are you doing about it. Do you attend community crime prevention meetings or are you just doing what most are doing building higher walls, installing more garden sensors,etc etc.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    Everyone has a line, how far are you going to allow them to go and what are you doing about it. Do you attend community crime prevention meetings or are you just doing what most are doing building higher walls, installing more garden sensors,etc etc.
    You've hit the nail on the head - ^^^ This is typically SA's way of handling problems! Instead of confronting issues, they work around them or go into "ostrich" mode. Every suburb or community no matter how small (50 - 300 homes); should be able to muster up enough people to protect the neighborhood - connect up several such entities and you have a small army! And confront issues with your numbers. You have blackouts - entire community as one confronts the council or Eskom; not have the few that can afford it, to buy a generator & duck out of it! A few years ago, we in our area had major issues (still do) with potholes on Olifantsfontein Rd. I acquired the email addresses of responsible departments at JRA (JHB Road Agency) & local councilors - sent to every resident in our road and wham! We mass mailed them! Within 24 hrs it was fixed!
    Upon querying a recent power outage & being told by Eskom; unknown cause/unplanned outage; a neighbor & myself drove around our neighborhood & sure enough we found a pole that had been struck down in a motor accident. While the Metro Police were present, they didn't have the sense of mind or are not sufficiently trained to do so - to inform the Municipality or Eskom of the damage to the power pylon. We immediately took photos; mailed them to Eskom & within 3 hrs, repairs carried out & power was restored. Community pro-activeness needs to be instilled into people....
    Back on the subject of crime; a few (maybe 2-5) years ago...community policing programs were launched though out SA. This involves a simple mechanism of information transfer from the public to SAPs. You should know the mobile/cell number of every SAP's patrolling vehicle in your suburb and that of the local station commander/Captain. Ours are printed in our local Caxton paper. Every first Wednesday of the month (defers in areas), there is a joint meeting at every police station amongst SAP's personnel & the public. If you feel the system is not working for you; here is your chance to voice your grievances.....if widespread then do it as a 50 - 300 strong community! Demand the resignation/transfer of Captain or local councilors at these meetings if you find them inept, invite the local press or News24, M&G teams to give your voice more clout!
    You can win back your suburbs and communities but you have to work for them!

10. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (13-May-13), ians (12-May-13)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitos View Post
    I acquired the email addresses of responsible departments at JRA (JHB Road Agency) & local councilors - sent to every resident in our road and wham! We mass mailed them! Within 24 hrs it was fixed!
    Back on the subject of crime; a few (maybe 2-5) years ago...community policing programs were launched though out SA. This involves a simple mechanism of information transfer from the public to SAPs. You should know the mobile/cell number of every SAP's patrolling vehicle in your suburb and that of the local station commander/Captain. Ours are printed in our local Caxton paper. Every first Wednesday of the month (defers in areas), there is a joint meeting at every police station amongst SAP's personnel & the public. If you feel the system is not working for you; here is your chance to voice your grievances
    I agree with the mass mailing idea but a more effective system is an sms blitz, get the number of the responsible person and inundate him with sms's every day until the problem is fixed.

As far as CPF's go I couldn't agree more but being the chairman of my local CPF what I find is that the general home/business owner in our sector are totally apathetic/disinterested until they are hit by crime, find out where your sector meetings are and insist that the sector manager from the SAPS gets the latest statistics read out at the meeting, after a few months you will notice the trends in your area and can take the necessary countermeasures.

I find that if everybody takes a photo of any loiterers in their area they immediately move on, if you are brave enough you can ask them who they are? and what are they doing there? then instruct them to move on or you are calling the police.

Crime in the area I live in is non existent since we removed all the loiterers, we tell those who say they are looking for work to wait at a particular crossroad and if anybody wants a worker they will fetch them there.

Don't give them a chance to spy out the lay of the land and the neighborhood routines and remove any cans and plastic bottles left on the pavements, those often are signals giving the all clear or warning of danger.

There are hundreds of tips given at these meetings, it costs a little time once a month and nothing else.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

12. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (15-May-13), ians (13-May-13)

Thanks
    Allot of people don’t get it. They will rather sit in their cocoon and do nothing. Doing nothing is doing something though. You allow elements in your environment to dictate that environment. So they will one day come eat you out of your cocoon, if you don’t get out there and do something.

I am blessed to have great Nabors and we keep a lookout for each other’s safety.
    We were discussing this a while back. Why can’t we find 1 male every 3rd household to join in community security for 30 min a day, or whatever. Surely we can protect our neck of the woods. We can go door to door as it were, about a 100 households. I just hope other people are as keen as I am. Even lure them out with hotdogs, hot chocolate and biltong if we need to. It can be a bit of fun and a healthy walk.
    I know from experience that there are always problems with getting people together for this kind of thing. However such issues are minor compared to the consequences of doing nothing.
    We must be active and prevent crime before it eats us out of house, home and country

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast